Draco's Birthday

The picture above is what I imagine the dress looking like, but everyone has different styles/comfort levels so just go with whatever you like! <3

June 5th, 1997, Draco's 17th Birthday

I yawned as I walked from the Great Hall to the Greenhouse, I had been so busy planning for Draco's birthday that I only got three hours of sleep the previous night.

"Y/N, wait up!" A cheery voice said, I groaned internally at the hyperness of the person's voice. I don't trust morning birds, never have, never will.

I plastered on a fake smile and turned around, meeting the person behind the voice, Astoria. "Oh hey," I smiled, trying to hide my tiredness. "Is this about Draco's birthday?" I asked

She nodded "I heard you planned a sort of getting together at the Viaduct Courtyard? Do you want me to come? I completely understand if you don't.." She said, with a sad fake smile on her face

In all honesty, I wasn't planning to invite her, but considering that I had invited Blaise...inviting her may be a lifesaver.

Blaise and I weren't as close as we used to, but Draco hung out with him a lot so I felt obligated to invite him. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Astoria "No of course you can come, the more there merrier. Most of my friends aren't coming so it would be nice to have someone I like there, besides Draco of course. "

The sad smile disappeared, her normal smiling replacing it within seconds "Thank you, I can help you plan if you want!" I nodded "That would be great" She cut me off "Ah great! I'll come by your dorm around four, that way we have about four hours to plan. I already know the password, thank you for being so nice Y/N, see you there!" She said quickly as she walked away, with a little jump in her step

I blinked, trying to process everything she said before almost running to the greenhouse, I didn't want to be late again. When I got there the professor just sighed and pointed to my seat, I whispered an apology and stood next to a frustrated Neville, his frustration was peaking through as he told me what we were working on.

"Thank you," I said quietly but the only reply I got was a slight nod. I sighed sadly, I knew he was frustrated with me and there wasn't anything I could do to fix it, but I was still upset over it.

I worked on my plant quietly, ignoring my want to gossip with Neville as I packed down soil before he leaned over

"Are you still going through with his whole party thing?" He asked, he knew the answer, but he had been trying to get me to cancel it for a week.

I sighed and put down my shovel "Yes, and I said you didn't have to come. Spencer and Cho aren't, and since your not going, neither is Luna. I'm fine with you guys not liking Draco, but he is my boyfriend and I will be celebrating his birthday, with or without you Neville". I turned my head back to my plant and put a little more soil before roughly packing it down.

Neville groaned "Of course I don't like him, and despite what you think I don't have a problem he's your boyfriend, it's not like you to make it easy to like it though. Always sneaking off, I barely see you anymore"

I slammed my shovel down, looking at the professor with an apologetic expression before turning to Neville "That's not fair or true. I spend every meal with you guys, and I only see Draco at night, I try so hard to spend as much time as I can with you guys. So if I don't see you enough maybe that's on you because I'm fucking trying Neville. " He began to speak before the bell cut him off, I looked down "You are all still invited, I understand if you don't want to come, but don't turn this into a personal attack on you. You should know by now that you guys have always come first, I don't know how else to prove that to you"