Finally Free

Thank you for 14k reads! I'm still amazed every time I reach another milestone, it feels surreal. I love you all <3

"All the things I did, just so I could call you mine,"

If Draco and I stayed together, it would be our first anniversary. We had been on and off for a year, and no one knew. A whole relationship in secret, sacrifices made so no one would find out.

It was our normal, kissing behind closed doors, secret letters, that was who we were, who we were going to be forever.

Or so I thought.

----------

I woke up the next morning in Draco's room, but he wasn't in bed with me, rather he was reading a letter at his desk. I sat up in our bed and stretched a little before getting up and walking to Draco.

Draco quickly closed the letters and got up, he embraced me tightly while holding the paper behind his back.

I hugged him back "Well good morning to you," I said "What were you reading?"

Draco let go of me and threw away the note "Nothing important." He said and looked back at me, a small smile on his face "We have to go to Diagon Alley today, school starts soon"

I nodded, trying to forget the letters "Um yeah, I can get dressed and we'll leave?" I said and walked over to grab my clothes

Draco wrapped his arms around me "I love you so much"

It wasn't unlike Draco to be affectionate, but something was different. "I love you too...is everything okay?" I said as he rested his head on my shoulder.

He shook his head "No I just really love you" I smiled and moved his hands off me, "Okay well we have to get going so we have to get changed" I said.

Draco groaned "Fine."

-----------

After waiting forever for Draco to finish getting ready, we apparated to Diagon Alley. When we got there, Draco and I went to different stores. He went to get new quills and ink while I went to the book store.

I got to the book store and started looking around for mine and Draco's book. I had just grabbed my herbology book when I heard someone call my name.

"Y/N? Is that you?" A voice said behind me, I turned around and saw Lee Jordan...

"Lee, Merlin it's been long" I exclaimed, holding my hand out to shake his, he took it softly.

"Yeah, we didn't end on a great note did we?" He said, testing the waters

"I haven't thought about that since it happened. Speaking of, how are you and Alicia doing?" I asked

Lee's eyes lit up "Oh we're married, wanted to do it before it's too late you know?"

I'd be lying if I said my heart didn't drop a little when he said that "Oh that's great..." I looked down,

"So are you with anyone, if you don't mind me asking," He said, I was about to speak when I was cut off.

Draco had come unnoticed and spoke up for me "Nice to see you Jordan." Draco said, bitterness coating his voice, he wrapped his arm around my waist/

Lee looked between us two "Oh are you two.."

Draco nodded "A year now" He looked at me, who had a very confused expression on my face

"Oh wow, that's great. I'm happy for you Y/N, seems like we're both doing good."