New Beginnings

Hi, lovelies! I know the past few chapters have been kind of dark and I promise this won't be as dark! Also for this story, we're going to pretend Romilda is a Ravenclaw!

"I'll love you forever Draco," I said sadly as I stood at the opening of the astronomy tower. I stared at him waiting for his reply. I wasn't lying, no matter what I tried or what he did, I couldn't stop loving him.

"I know love....that's the problem,"He said, I sighed and walked down the steps. I quickly pulled a picture out of my pocket and wrote a quick letter on it. I opened the door to the Slytherin dungeons and ran to Draco's room before setting it down and leaving. Blaise tried to question me but I shut him down.

As I walked back to the Ravenclaw common rooms I tried to hold back the tears but couldn't. I walked into the third-floor bathroom ,going to the sink, trying to cool my face down with cold water. Despite my efforts I couldn't help but cry, I looked up at myself, water dripping down my face as someone called me.

"Y/N?" I grabbed my wand and quickly yelled "Petrificus Totalus!" to which they came back with "Protego!". The person turned out to be Cho, who seemed more concerned than I had ever seen her.

"What did he do this time," She said walking towards me and summoning a towel to wipe my face. "He...um didn't do anything, we...it's over. Officaly over, he...i.." I tried to speak but couldn't, Cho hugged me tightly.

"At least you'll be better now right," She said and I pulled away from her.

"Hopefully"

-----------

December 10th, 1996

It had been two weeks since I said my final goodbye to him and I was doing pretty well. Besides the feeling of someone's eyes on me and not knowing who sent me the 'S' note. I assumed it was from Draco but the writing style was different. Where in Draco's letters there was a lot of tension as he holds his quill roughly, in this letter the ink was fainter, and the I's had a curve at the end.

I was writing down notes in the library when my quill was ripped out of my hand. I looked up and saw Blaise with it in hand. I groaned and went to reach it but his arms were much longer than mine.

"Give it back you complete arse!" I whispered and he finally caved, giving it back he smirked "When's the group coming?"

"In a few moments, hence me literally lesson planning so if you don't mind I'd like to continue," I said and wrote the sub-topics down. I could feel his eyes on me, I set my quill down and looked at him.

"Alright, spit it out, you are staring plus no way you'd be here early." He smiled and began speaking "I just like it when you're happy, it's nice to see you smile again"

"I like it too, Mr. Slughorns Fav," I said before covering my mouth to resist laughing

'You see now that is just disrespectful, and to think I was going to bring you as my plus one to the Christmas party" He said pretending to be hurt

"Wait no I want to go, please forgive oh chosen one," I said as he hit me in the shoulder, he opened his mouth to respond but everyone came in. "You may be my plus one, if I think you're special enough to be included" He said before I kicked him under the table

"Alright, guys and girls, I decided to be nice and only do nine topics. Now, since we won't be doing that for a while, how was everyone's day?" I said setting my quill down as everyone took their usual spots.

"Well Luna and I went and researched plants for an hour until we had to come here," Neville said and Luna nodded

"I was helping my friend in the great hall, took almost all day, he had trouble with the charms test coming up" Cho smiled