Inside the Mind of Draco Malfoy

Hello! This chapter is going to be different due to the POV change. This will be a full Draco POV chapter. As in previous chapters, italics will mean thought/flashbacks. Lastly, there will be a moment of suicidal ideation, I will warn before it is said and this won't have a huge effect on the story overall but will add to Draco's storyline. That's all! I love you guys and thank you for the 4.5k reads!

_______________________________

I never thought I was able to love, that I was too broken to be loved or to love anyone, but when I met her. She turned my world upside down, for once in my life I felt like there was finally someone who loved me for me, and then she left.

I know it's my fault, I should've defended her on the Hogwarts train but I couldn't, when I see her upset everything inside of breaks.

*Slap* I stared at the back of the woman who had just hit the only person I would ever love. I coughed lightly so that Pansy would see me, she did, as she turned around I saw Y/N's face. In the 16 years, I've only seen her cry four times, and three of those due to me, and the face I saw was full of hurt and fury. I grabbed Pansy and we walked back to the compartments

"That wasn't part of the plan, it was supposed to be just for her to break up with me, not for you to fucking hit her" I spat, she began to protest when I heard Y/N behind me

"I defend you all the fucking time, you can't just this one time!" She yelled at me. I sighed and told Pansy to go along "This is for your own good, I can't let you get hurt by me again, you just wouldn't understand, " I said quietly and calmly before going to walk again.

I felt her shove past me and suddenly she was in front of me, I didn't hear what she said until I heard the crack of glass, I looked down and saw the ring I had given her shattered. She walked away angrily and I grabbed the ring, holding back tears I fixed it and put it inside my pocket before hearing the shattering of glass from her compartment.

I walked into the compartment and sat next across from Pansy and Blaise, I stared out the window and waited for the train to finally arrive at Hogwarts, anything would be better than having to face her on the train

"Draco wake up, you can't be late for class" I guess I had been dreaming about that day, I got up and sat on the since of my bed and looked down trying to compose myself.  Blaise looked at me concerned as I got up to go shower.

"What's up with you? You can't seriously be thinking about her mate" He groaned and got dressed "Fuck off Zabini, I'm figuring out the cabinet, I don't care about her anymore" I said and left, slamming the door behind me, I headed down to the prefect's bathroom. I got into the bath/swimming pool and looked up at the ceiling my mind racing.

I looked down at my left forearm and sighed, He had chosen me before the year began but I didn't think I could do it. There was so much pressure on me to make my father proud for once in my life.

I finally got out of the bath and dressed into my Slytherin robes, when I left I ignored everyone around me until Blaise came up to me.

"You finally calm down mate? You seem tense" He walked next to me looking around at people

"Yeah, I'm good. Just a lot on my mind, I'm going to the room of require-" Blaise interrupted me "Draco I can't let you do that, you're stressing yourself out, go to potions."

I sighed and nodded, he patted my back before heading to potions with me, as we walked in I felt someone's eyes on me. I ignored them because I knew they weren't the eyes I wanted on me.

I stared down at my potion and groaned as I put the wrong ingredient in, "Fuck" I groaned under my breath, "Problem Mr.Malfoy" Slughorn said and I shook my head. I cleared my cauldron and restarted. I looked around to see if anyone was done, and of course, someone was, the person who had continued to subconsciously been racing for a second in class with me.