reassurance

Tina rolled over and reached out, her hand hitting the cold bed beside her. She opened her eyes and saw the dark sky and knew it was still night, she rolled over and saw the bathroom door was open the light was on. Tina slipped out of bed. She walked into the bathroom and saw her wife, sitting on the side of the bath, she was pale, her skin looked sweaty and she looked sick.

"Baby," Tina said softly as she gently reached out and touched her wife's forehead with the back of her hand.

"Sorry did I wake you,"

"No, but baby you should have."

"I'm sick,"

"I can see, have you vomited?"

"Twice," Bette said honestly

"Right, back to bed. Lets get you comfortable. Then I'm calling the nursing team, Kit and maybe a doctor to see if they will do a house call." Tina had dropped into organizational mode.

Bette smiled and let her wife take her to bed, Tina made sure she was comfortable before she went downstairs. She called the nursing team who dispatched one of their regular nurse, knowing they would need extra help. Tina then called Kit

"Hello," Kit's voice as sleepy on the line as it was half five in the morning.

"Hey Kit, I'm so sorry to wake you. Bette's not very well, I'm hoping you can do us a couple of favours?"

"Anything for you two is she okay?"

"I think she's run down and her body has finally given in. we have nurse coming early to help with Xavier. Any chance you can send us some soups, breads and anything else you can think we might need?"

"I can arrange that, do you need anything else?"

"No our normal order came yesterday but I don't think I've got time to make soup for Bette and she's going to need comfort food,"

"Yeah, I'll sort it. You okay with this baby girl?"

"Yeah, I've got to be. My wife and son need me to step up. Time I did." Tina smiled as she spoke.

"Right I will arrange it and bring it out to you both."

"You couldn't send someone?"

"Nope this is one time I could do with the drive and to see my baby sis is okay,"

"Well you know I won't say no, right I need to phone our doctor and see if someone can make a house call."

"You'll be lucky,"

"It's more than likely a facetime call because of where we live but I'd be feel better if she saw a doctor,"

Kit smiled

"I love you both, I'll see you in a couple of hours."

"Love you too Kit and thank you,"

They said goodbye. Tina called the doctors who offered to call Bette's cell phone once the doctor came in at 7am. Tina then got Bette an ice cold bottle of water. She went back upstairs and saw her wife was back in the bathroom. She put the bottle on Bette's bedside table. She went into the bathroom and held her wife's hair was she was sick, before helping her back to bed. Bette was worn out and she needed to rest. Tina made her comfortable again. Before she went to check on Xavier.