New York

Tina walked into the large suit on the 38th floor of the five star hotel that Bette had booked them into, she walked over the window, not really taking in the room but taking in the view, Manhattan which sprawled out in front of them. She had never seen such an amazing view.

Bette smiled as Tina stood, her hands in her pockets looking out on the city, it was the reason that Bette had chose this suite in this hotel, she knew that Tina would enjoy the view. Bette turned back to the bell boy who had bought their bags up for them and gave him a tip

"Thank you,"

"My pleasure Ms Porter, is there anything else we can do for you at present?" The young man asked,

"No, thank you," Bette smiled as he walked away and she closed the door. She looked at her watch. "Right, TI, I'm sorry I've got to go and do some boring stuff now we're here, I'll be a couple of hours at the gallery are you okay alone or do you want to come with me?"

Tina turned and smiled at Bette. she was in awe of it all. They had flown on a early morning flight from LA in First and now she was standing in an expensive hotel room, with a woman who was treating her with respect and kindness. They had talked most of the plane ride and they were still learning so much about each other. She could listen to Bette talk all day. She loved her soft caressing tone.

"If it's okay, I'll stay here, you said it was a two bed suite?" Tina looked around the large living area finally taking in the amount of space.

"Yeah, two queens I didn't want you to feel pressured to sleep with me, you can pick which one you want," Bette smiled.

"Thank you, this is all..."

"I know, you're not used to it. unfortunately or fortunately I am. I make good money and I like some of the finer things in life. make yourself at home, you can order room service they have my card, the mini bar and fridge are free so help yourself. I'll be back as soon as I've seen the new floor space and spoken to Neil,"

"Neil?"

"Neil Barrett, he is my New York City manager," Bette said, "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I fine Bette, I know you have to work today before we can enjoy our week, I'll be good, you go and I'll settle in." Tina smiled, she was still very nervous, she'd never been away with a anyone other than her friends.

"I will go, I will be back as soon as possible, okay?"

"Bette I am fine,"

Tina couldn't believe that Bette was fussing. She could cope with a few hours. Bette smiled

"Okay, I will go now,"

Tina watched as Bette left. She walked around the suite and chose which room she wanted, choosing the one with the best view of the city. She opened her second bag and took out a pad and some pencils, as well as her old school camera, as she still used film. She walked back into the living area and sat herself down in front of the window. She flipped open the pad and started to draw the skyline

***

Bette arrived back to the hotel, she had been gone longer than expected. She smiled as the door man opened the door,

"Thank you," She smiled, she went to the desk and requested her key as she hadn't taken one with her to the gallery. "Has Ms Kennard been down?"

"We've not seen her, here is your key,"

"Thank you," Bette smiled as she made her way to the room. she hoped that Tina was okay.