A New Family

Tina lay on the bed, her laptop on her knee as she sent out the delayed emailed. The sale of her paintings was going to be delayed. She couldn't bring herself to see the painting yet. She couldn't give the sale her full attention. She looked over at her son sleeping, he needed her full attention right now. Once the delayed until further notice had gone out she closed her laptop and lay back, closing her eyes. She just needed a few minutes rest. Bette had gone to get them food. She hadn't thought that her son would arrive so quickly. She was just glad that he was okay. She could her cell phone pinging with emails and messages not that she cared. She just wanted a few moments. She heard the door of the room,

"Ms Kennard," It was Kelsey one of the nurses who was looking after their son.

"Hey," Tina opened her eyes.

"I'm sorry I don't want to wake you. I just need to do some checks on Xavier,"

"Its fine," Tina smiled as the nurse checked her son, making sure he was comfortable. "How is he?"

"He is doing brilliantly, he is strong. I'm going to speak to the doctor. I think he will do better if he has more contact with you."

"I can't wait to hold him." Tina admitted."

"That's natural. Let me just go and speak to Dr Wilson."

"Okay," Kelsey left the room and Tina lay looking at her son, his skin the same rich brown as Bette's. His was tiny and she just never knew that she could feel the overwhelming love she did for her son.

Dr Wilson walked into the room. She smiled. As she checked Xavier, Slowly she picked him up, and passed him to Tina. Tina rested him onto her chest. He settled right away. She kissed the top of is head.

She smiled looking as Bette walked in with their food. Bette grinned as she watched Dr Wilson and Kelsey moving equipment to ensure that Tina could hold her son, who was breathing find on his own. He was tiny.

"Now that is the greatest sight in the world," Bette laughed, as she put their food down onto the chair and took out her phone, taking a few photos, and putting them into the group chat with Shane, Dana and Alice.

"He is so light." Tina said.

"He will be but he will grow," Kelsey said as she made sure that both Xavier and Tina were comfortable. "We will leave you to enjoy him for a little while, if you need us, please let us know." Kelsey left the room.

Bette smiled as she sat on the bed and took her in her wife and son. Her world seemed a little more complete at the moment. She couldn't believe she was a mom. She reached out and very gently ran her finger down Xavier's face. As she touched him, he snuggled deeper into Tina's breasts.

"Well my son has learnt in two minutes were the best pillows in town are."

Tina laughed.

"You have to share now Porter," Tina grinned.

"I am still in shock that he is here. He is tiny and my heart is swelling with love for him." Bette admitted.

"Bette Porter finally in love with a male who isn't her father," Tina laughs as she speaks,

Bette looks at her raising an eyebrow.

"I cannot believe you've just said that too me."

Tina just grinned. Xavier moved slowly wiggling his tiny body to get a little more comfortable.