A Grand Canyon Wedding

Tina had chosen the perfect spot with the Grand Canyon spread out in front of them, with land looking lovely as the sun hit the red sand. Bette stood wearing a white suit, that was made up of tailored trousers, a white shirt tucked in and a knee length jacket, she was wearing her favourite pair of black boots as she wanted to be comfortable. Beside her Tina was wearing a lovely floor length white dress, which showed off her perfect figure, they were holding hands as their friends gathered behind them.

"Welcome to the wedding of Bette Porter and Tina Kennard, two women who feel in love over art." Tracey, the lady who was their for the state smiled. "I believe that they are going to do be doing their own vows, Tina would you like to start,"

Tina took a deep breath and turned to Bette, taking both her hands in hers. Smiling.

"You came into my life at a dark time, I never thought I'd fall in love or find someone who would want to share the life I wanted. you've given up so much to be with me, I mean you've left the luxury of LA to live on my land in a house we designed together. The start of our time together was marked by dark times but we've come through and the light and colour are very real for me. you've opened my world and changed my life. you've changed my view point. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, perhaps even have a family together. you've changed my art, as well as my life and I feel lucky that I wake up every morning and get to watch you sleeping beside me. I love when you're grumpy and all you want is a cup of coffee. I love that you panic at the thought of cooking a complex meal and I love that you know to leave me to draw when I need to you. I know I'm socially awkward and sometimes comes across as anti social I'm learning and that's because I have your love and support. I love you and I feel honoured to know that in a few moments you will be my wife. I love you."

Bette could fee the tears stinging her eyes. she licked her lips before taking a deep breath.

"When James told me I had to check out an artist I didn't know that that meeting would change my life forever. You're my world. you're remarkable. every day you change my view on the world. I love you, you're my life, I can't wait to say wife, to know you're my wife. to tell people I'm married to a remarkable woman and artist. I love our life and the life we are creating. I love you so much Tina Kennard."

"Is there any person here present who doesn't not wish for these two to marry?"

There was a silence the only sound was the wind moving the sand

"By the power invested in me by the state of Nevada I pronounce you married."

The group of friends starting cheering as Bette and Tina kissed. Tina broke the kiss and smiled at her wife.

"Harry is going to take some photos of us as the sun sets, then there is a party in the private function room at the hotel the girls are booked in." Tina whispered.

"Okay, I'll get them all to stand where you want them," Bette smiled before kissing Tina again.

***

Bette pulled the car up outside of their house and looked over at Tina who was sleeping beside her. she smiled at her wife, she couldn't get over that they were now married. They had been up all night partying and having sex. She knew that travelling made Tina very tired. She switched the engine off and reached over and gently pushed a stray hair out of Tina's face.

"Baby,"

"Mmm," Tina didn't open her eyes, she wanted to sleep it had been a long few days and now she just wanted to rest.