News (Chapter 100)

Bette sat on the close lid of the toilet. It had been a week since Xavier had turned one, it was coming up to the anniversary of Tina' leaving them. They were both trying not to think about it.

Bette looked down at the test in front of her. She couldn't believe it. She was pregnant, They had only tried the once, she never thought it would take first time but it had. She was sat there, shaking.

"Ti..." She knew Tina was in the bedroom. Her wife' hadn't even got out of bed when she had come into the bathroom.

"Mmm," Tina's voice floated back, she was still half asleep.

"Tina please, come here,"

Tina got up and opened the bedroom door and saw how pale her wife' looked. She was shocked.

"What is it babe?" She asked softly.

"Erm," Bette looked up, "I'm pregnant,"

"Say that again please,"

"According to this test I'm pregnant,"

Tina's face broke into the widest grin and she took her wife's face into her hands and kissed her lips.

"We better get you an appointment with Dr Wilson." Tina smiled.

"Yeah," Bette was in shock. She couldn't believe it.

Tina kissed her wife again.

"In shock babe?"

"I think I might be, we only tried once."

"Babe sometimes it only takes one time," Tina grinned, "I've got to take my meds, get some breakfast,"

"Yeah lets get the day started, I'll call Dr Wilson's office. Is Xavier awake?"

"He is,"

"Excellent,"

Bette slowly got up and hugged her wife. She couldn't believe that this was happening. Her wife had got her pregnant.

****

"Is that our baby?" Tina asked looking at the scan screen as Bette lay being examined by Dr Wilson, the room was filled with their heartbeat.

"it is, you're about six weeks along Bette." Dr Wilson said, "We need to keep a close eye on your levels, but right now you're very healthy. Are you experiencing any morning sickness?"

"Not yet but I'm sure it will happen," Bette laughed

"More than likely," Dr Wilson smiled, "Watch what you are eating, try and keep as fit as possible. I'm going to have you some leaflets okay?"

"Yes thank you," Bette grinned,

"I will book you in for another scan, please try and keep your stress levels down as well,"

"I will try, I'm spending less and less time at the gallery anyway,"

"She's got a manager in place," Tina said,

"Good," Dr Wilson smiled. "Do things to relax, keep your levels even and you will have a good pregnancy,"

"I'm also guessing regular check-ups,"

"You would be guessing correctly," Dr Wilson said. "I'm sure your wife will care for you."

"I'm sure she will,"

Bette looked over and Tina and smiled, Tina was checking on their sleeping one year old.

"I will," Tina grinned,

Dr Wilson helped Bette up, before getting them some leaflets,

"Bette's ordered a number of books," Tina remarked as she took the leaflets,

"I hope one of them is a cook book,"

"No," Bette said slowly, "But I will get one do you recommend one?"

Dr Wilson give them three or four to choose from, Bette wrote them into her notes on her phone. They made their next appointment and left.

****

Bette sat relaxing on the sofa, her iPad on her lap, she was playing a mindless game. Tina walked down the stairs she'd been for a shower and her hair was pulled back she was wearing just a robe, as the house was hot.

"You okay babe?" Tina asked as she headed towards the kitchen,

"Mmm,"

"Would you like a drink"?

"Water would be good, I'm sure the aircon isn't working right,"

"I will call the company tomorrow," Tina remarked,

"You're took hot,"

"I've just had a cold shower," Tina said walking over with two bottles of water, Bette looked up at her wife and grinned. She licked her lips seeing her wife in a very short robe and knew at once she wasn't wearing anything under it.

Tina passed her wife a bottle of water. Cocking her head to one side when she saw her wife staring at her.

"See something you like?"

"Yes, my wife," Bette replied, "if I wasn't so tired I would have my way with you,"

Tina smiled

"It gets easier the first few weeks your energy wont' be the same as normal,"

"Yeah I just read about that. We have to wait to till after about three months for me to feel more human. I'm completely shocked.

"That your pregnant?" Tina asked as she sat down next to her wife, curling her legs under her.

Bette licked her lips at her wife's pale legs.

"Yeah, It's going to be tough, more so if you and I have a bad day on the same day,"

"My bad days are less and less you know it." Tina smiled. "I'm sure we can get through this together. Plus I'm sure Kit and the gang will help,"

"I'm sure they will," Bette put her water and iPad down and turned her body more towards her wife. Running her fingers along the arm that Tina had on the back of the sofa.

"I love you," Tina smiled as she spoke

"I love you," Bette grinned. She moved forward and kissed her wife.

They pulled away and grinned at each other.

"What you grinning at?" Bette asked

"I got my wife pregnant." Tina said smugly.

Bette started laughing, she couldn't help it. Her wife looked so proud that she herself. Bette wanted to enjoy this,

"Tomorrow babe, let's take the first photograph," Bette said.

"You sure want to do this?" Tina asked playing with Bette's wedding ring

"Yes, I've got the perfect pair of jeans,"

Bette grinned and Tina took in her wife,

"I can't wait to see the changes in your body. I promise I'm going to look after you as best I can,"

"I know you will," Bette replied softly. "We are in all of this together."

"That we are,"