Spatial awareness

Tina walked into LA Porter for the first time, she'd never been here. she had been too busy or she'd made an excuse not to come. A smartly dressed man walked towards.

"Hello Ms Kennard, welcome to LA Porter, Bette will be with shortly. My name is James, is there anything I can get for you." James spoke softly but could see that the pace he was talking he had lost her already. She was a nervous woman who didn't do well with attention he had noticed that in New York, even at her own show she had tried not to be the centre of attention.

"Erm, thank you and no thank you." Tina put her hands into the pocket of her jeans and walked over to look at some of the pieces that Bette currently had on display.

James decided to leave her alone until Bette was ready.

Bette walked out of her office and smiled when she saw Tina standing taking in a watercolour. Bette watched her for a few moments. The blonde was wearing a nice jacket with a tee-shirt under it, jeans that looked like they had been poured onto her body and boots. She was keeping her distance from other people in the gallery. Bette couldn't put her finger on what was drawing her to her.

Bette smiled and walked down the gallery to Tina.

"Could you see your work here?" Bette asked,

Tina jumped a little and looked at Bette. she smiled softly

"It's bigger than I was expecting I don't think I have enough pieces to fill it."

"You have six months to paint a few exclusives." Bette remarked. "Do you like the space?"

"I love the natural light from the windows and the lay out is stunning. I love that you walk around the pieces, giving people the sense of being closer to them than they are." Tina remarked.

Bette smiled, Tina had noticed something that most people didn't.

"This could be your space, with your painting displayed for everyone to see or even purchase." Bette commented.

Tina smiled softly before slowly moving around the gallery, the space was a lot larger than she had ever displayed in.

"How many pieces would you want for the show?" Tina asked,

"Depends, we've only got enough room for your large pieces as well as your smaller ones, Jack, the artist we are currently showing has twenty-four pieces."

"Twenty-four, fuck...erm I mean. I've only got ten finished and three of them are the larger pieces. Are you expecting me to have twenty-four?"

"Twenty-four to thirty is a good number to have. Means I can make enough money." Bette smiled.

"Right erm, well." Tina was stumbling over her words. "I don't think I can do this,"

"What? Why not?"

"I don't have those pieces and I can't rush my work. I 'm not ready to show in a gallery this size." Tina was panicking. She needed the money from the show but at the same time she couldn't rush what she was doing. she loved her work and it was the one thing in her life she was passionate about.

"We can split the gallery and only open half." Bette could see how scared Tina was.

"You must really want to show my work."

"Tina you're remarkably talented. Your work is worth showing. I want to give you the best platform for you to do that. We can arrange this gallery however we want, we can make it however we want, all the walls can be dismantled. I prefer to have more paintings from an artist or artists we have because I make more money. I don't want you to have a shared show and at the same time I don't want you lose out. Your work is amazing and I want to show it. How many paintings would you have March 15."