Six Minutes

ART MAGAZINE ONLINE

RECLUSE ARTIST TINA KENNARD SELLS 21 WAITING PAINTINGS IN SIX MINUTES

Recluse artist Tina Kennard uploaded 25 10x08 limited edition paintings onto her website at 00.00PMT this morning and they had all sold out six minutes later.

Kennard who runs her own studio Tina Kennard Studios, uploaded the photos of the pieces with a massive watermark and copy right logo on each piece in her Fire and Flames collection. Each painting is an image made up of flames. There are 25 in the set however only 21 went on sale, numbers 22, 23 and 24 were on the site however said they had been 'given to friends who make my life better' and the final piece number 25 which is different from all the other painting is a part pencil part paint image which under it said 'for my wife, my lover, my best friend and the woman who is on this road for me for life.'

Kennard is married to gallery owner Bette Porter, who was tight lipped about her wife's collection. She is not involved in any way with Tina Kennard Studios.

No one expected the other 21 to sell out so quickly as they were priced at $25,000 each including shipping, however within six minutes they were gone. You could only buy one per person as Kennard did not want collectors buying them all. She has stated if anyone has bought two they would need to choose the one they want and the other will go back on sale.

Kennard has become a success after a group show in New York and then her own show at the Bette Porter Gallery.

Kennard is yet to release a statement with regards to her selling out. but did writer on her studios official twitter which has just opened @TheTInaKennardStudio- Thank you everyone, six minutes. I can't believe it. I'm not a music act or an entertain her but my work has taken off. thank you. I will get them out as soon as possible.

***

Tina was moving around the gallery, boxing up each and every piece to be shipped she knew the FEDEX man would be there soon to take them all. She was boxing the last one when Bette walked.

"You should have gotten me I'd have helped you,"

"No, Bette, this is my studio, my work. all the money has been paid It's in the business account. I can send these all out."

"Will you do another set?" Bette asked,

"Yes, I will think of another series, its easier for me to do business this way. Plus I'm not paying for people to show my world."

"Hey I gave you a good rate." Bette said as she slipped her arms around her wife and nuzzled her neck.

"You did," Tina melted into her wife's arms,

Bette looked over her shoulder and smiled.

"Peggy got one," Bette laughed as she spoke.

"Yes she did."

"Did Kelly Wentworth?" Bette asked,

"No," Tina said. "this is the last one and Peggy bought number 1.

"The burning paper?"

"Yeah,"

"She will love that." Bette smiled. "Kelly will more than likely be angry she missed out."

"She should join the mailing list."

"She should," Bette kissed her neck again. "When you're done are you done for the day? can I spend time with my wife. by which I mean naked time?"

Tina started laughing as she turned in her wife's arms and kissed her passionately. Her fingers getting lost in Bette's hair. there was a knock on the studio door and they broke apart and Tina blushed as the Fedex man stood wating. Bette just laughed behind her before moving and letting her wife work.

***

Bette walked up behind Tina who was sat on her laptop at the kitchen island.

"What are you up too?"

"How would you feel about a pool?" Tina asked

"A swimming pool?"

"Of course a swimming pool, what else would I want?"

"Sorry," Bette laughed.

"It's okay, anyway I was thinking of spending some of my profit on a pool."

"It would be nice, it gets so hot out here we could do with a fun away to cool down, plus pool sex."

"Pool sex?"

"Yeah, I forget I'm your first sometimes, if we get a pool I can take you in it you'll love it."

"I'm sure I will." Tina started laughing "I'm just looking at pool companies."

"My old place in LA had a pool, the company was really good, shall I call them, get a quote?"

"Yeah, that would be good," Tina said as she leant back against Bette. Bette held her. loving the feeling of her wife. "You know I love you,"

"I love you," Bette kissed her wife's neck. "I don't think I tell you know but I'm also very proud of you,"

"Thank you baby." Tina grinned. She loved praise from Bette. "Now call the pool firm before I change my mind to having work men on near our house."

Bette laughed and went to the get the number from James. Shaking her head. she was glad that her wife was happy. Things really were looking up for them right now. she just wanted Tina to be given 100 per cent and they could start their family.