Steps Forward

Bette pulled the car into a space as close to the Planet as she could get, Tina had been at out of hospital for three weeks now and they were finally joining their friends for breakfast. Tina had done her morning yoga and her morning meditation before they had left the ranch to head into LA. Bette switched the engine off and smiled as she heard Tina's stomach rumble with hunger.

"Hungry my love?" Bette laughed as she opened the little draw under the screen in the centre console to take out some change to pay the metre.

"Yeah well I've been up since six." Tina remarked smiling.

"Well you wore me out," Bette wiggled her eye brows, they were slowly reintroducing their sex life, last night had been full of slowly kisses and touching but nothing more. They had both enjoyed the time together and Bette knew she had to take her time with her wife.

"We barely did anything, but you are old,"

"Wow, harsh,"

"Well forty is calling you babe?" Tina laughed.

"Just because you are ten years younger than me, means nothing." Bette grinned.

Tina smiled before turning and looking at Xavier who she had dressed in shirt and jeans today. He was sleeping his little fist in his mouth.

"Nice to see our son as wet his shirt already." Tina laughed.

"Well he has no teeth yet." Bette laughed as she got out of the car and popped the trunk to take out the expensive stroller that they had bought. She was putting it up while Tina got their son out of the car. she kissed him and held him, he snuggled into her.

"I think I will carry him,"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, do we have the sling with us," Tina asked,

"Yes," Bette moved and help Tina put it on and then placed Xavier into the sling with his head resting against Tina's breasts, "Best pillows in town them,"

Tina shook her head at her wife's remark,

"I will still bring the stroller in with us just in case," Bette remarked as she put the diaper bag on the bag of it.

"Okay," Bette locked the car and walked towards Tina who wrapped one hand around Bette's arm and they walked together towards the Planet.

Bette could sense the change in Tina as they got closer. She hadn't been out since before she left. It was hard for her to explain, she felt nervous to see their friends and Bette was very aware of it. She also knew that the only thing keeping her wife calm right now was her son, because Tina knew he sense her feelings.

They walked into the Planet and it was busy as usual, Kit was behind the counter, smiling as they walked in.

"Welcome," She walked over and hugged her sister before kissing her sister in law's cheek and her nephew's head. "I've been waiting for y'all,"

"Why?" Bette asked,

"Because I want to make sure you enjoy your breakfast." Kit said.

Bette smiled.

"I'm really hungry, I've been up since six and it's now half eight and I've done yoga."

"You've taken up yoga?" Kit asked, taking Tina in, who actually looked okay, even if she was holding onto Bette's arm.

"Yeah, erm. It's good to keep my breathing even."