Sisterly Love

Bette walked into the Planet and smiled as her sister put the finishing touches to their lunch. Kit pointed to table away from everyone Bette nodded and walked over, she sat down putting her purse down she took her phone out and laughed at the photo of Tina and Xavier that Matt, another male nurse had sent to her, it showed Tina and Xavier in the pool. Both of them smiling.

Kit walked over and put two subs and two coffees down and sat with her sister.

"How are you?" Kit asked,

"I'm okay. Fed up with some stuff."

"You mean Alice,"

"You know,"

"Baby girl, Alice has a mouth the size of Canada. She was in here yesterday ranting about you and Tina, I've banned her."

"You didn't have too,"

"Girl, she's never paid her tab. She's banned for the foreseeable. I don't want her bad mouthing my sister and her wife. Two people I care about. Love even. You need to totally cut her. Maybe get a restaining order."

"Should I?" Bette asked, picking up her coffee.

"Bette sometimes! Well you are a bright woman but you're sacred that people are going to leave you like your mom did. I know it's hard. But you don't need people in your life like Alice in your life. You've got open your eyes. She's bad mouthing your wife. The mother of your son. You need to break ties." Kit said honestly.

"I'll contact Gavin." Bette said,

Kit nodded.

"Is Tina taking her sleeping pills again?"

"Yeah, she slept all last night, I woke up three times and she was there every time. I think Matt, the nurse that's with her today gets on with her well and he told her not to mess with her mediation."

"Something you should have told her,"

"It's not always that easy when you're close to someone,"

"I know baby girl. Sometimes with things that are that important you need to put your foot down. You're too soft sometimes. I think it's because you love her so much. But she's mentally ill. You don't recover from metal illness you simply manage it. She can't mess with her medication because she's going to fall deeper into the pit, we have to encourage her to stay healthy."

"Another reason we need to break ties with Alice."

"Yeah, I spoke to Shane about it this morning. She's blocked Alice's number as she doesn't want the drama, she's very attached to her friendship with Tina and feels like she's let her down by being friends with Alice and knowing what Alice has been saying."

"Shane is always welcome, as are Dana, Lara, Helena, I mean I want our friends in our lives."

"Alice is not your friend."

"I'm seeing that."

"Good, how is your son today?"

"He is good, he is much more aware, he is laughing more. He just lights up when he sees Tina."

"You light up when you talk about him,"

"He and Ti, are my world."

"You're doing great, I mean it. I love you,"

"I love you too Kit, thank you for everything without you these months I would have fallen apart."

"You need a vacation,"

"What?"

"You and Tina and Xavier need some times away. Get some reast. Pamper each other. You need that time away from LA, away from drama."

"I will talk to Ti,"

"Good,"

"Thanks for lunch."

"Always a pleasure, promise me you'll speak to Gavin when you get back to your office."

"I will," Bette kissed her sister goodbye and headed back to work.

****

"A restraining order?" Tina asked as she moved around the kitchen preparing their evening meal. Bette sat at the island holding Xavier.

"Yeah, otherwise she's going to keep contacting us, we need it to stop. I'm not sure whats wrong with her,"

"She could have some sort of mental illness."

"I don't think jealously and vanity are classes as mental illness babe,"

"True and what is she jealous off?"

"You, I think, her anger seems to be directed at you,"

"I'm an artist, a mother, a wife, what's there to be jealous off?"

"You're a successful artist who an sell pictures for any price that she names, she's the wife to Alice's oldest friend who she thinks has changed too much, you a mother to the cutest little chap in the whole world," Bette kissed his cheek making him giggle.

"I still don't get it," Tina said as she threw the salad together,

"Honey, neither do I but that's how it looks, Plus I've started the process now. We have to start enjoying our lives."

"I agree,"

"Kit thinks we should perhaps go on vacation, the three of us. Get away from the drama,"

"We'd need a nurse still for Xavier,"

"I'm sure one or two of the nurses wouldn't mind a vacation."

"I'm game if you are. Maybe we could get a villa or a something, I'm not really up to staying in a hotel." Tina admitted,

Bette nodded.

"That's fine, where would you like to go?" Bette asked,

"Erm I don't know, someone hot would be nice, near a beach."

"That gives me a starting point," Bette smiled. "I'll see what I can come up with and then we can choose how does that sound?"

"Like we are going on vacation," Tina smiled. "Dinner is ready, then little guy needs a bath and we can curl up together and watch a movie."

Tina smiled as she spoke for the first time in a few days she was fully relaxed and she knew it was down the fact that she was taking all her medication again. Her mind wasn't racing.

"That sounds good, really good. Did you get anything done today?"

"Another watercolour. While Xavier was sleeping. Think I might paint a collection and then sell them one by one."

"Sounds like a good plan, I can't wait too see them" Bette smiled.

They moved to the table and Bette but Xavier into his seat and soon the conversation turned to different things. They were laughing and joking and just enjoying each other's company.