Fire and Flames Releases

They had arrived at the Planet and had ordered dinner, before Tina had made her excuses and gone back out to the car to get the four parcels. She smiled to herself as she walked back in, she walked over the counter and looked at her sister in law, picked one of the brown wrapped 10x8 pieces that she label for Kit.

"Kit,"

"Yes baby girl?" Kit smiled, she loved her sister-in-law and was glad that her sister had found love with someone like Tina

"This is for you, its number 22 in my series."

"What?" Kit looked shocked as she took the parcel and opened it, smiling when she saw it was a coffee cup and microphone made up of flames that Tina had painted on a black canvas using a number of reds, yellows and oranges. It was a clever piece. "Baby girl,"

Kit had tears in her eyes as she came around the counter and hugged Tina. Tina who normally wouldn't let any one near her hugged her sister in law.

"This is apart of your Fire and Flames series." Kit asked as she took in the piece and saw that in the corner it was numbered 22 and signed by Tina.

"I thought you could put it up in here, I hope you like it,"

"I love it, thank you baby girl so much."

Bette had been watching from one side and saw the smile on Kit's face at the fact she had a Tina Kennard. She watched as Tina hugged her one more time and walked over to the table.

"Alice this is for you, you have number 23."

"Number 23, as in the Fire and Flames series that you're about to launch." Alice said shocked.

"correct, I've just given Kit number 22 you get number 23." Tina passed the 10x8 over to Alice who looked confused.

Alice slowly opened hers and inside was a radio made up of fire with smoke coming from the image. It was on white paper and looked stunning. Alice looked up shocked before looking back down and the framed image. She couldn't believe that Tina had done this for her.

"Thank you so much, this is amazing."

"It's my pleasure, Shane," Tina turned to Shane who was smiling at Alice's reaction. Shane turned Tina,

"Mmm,"

"You have number 24,"

"Sorry what?"

"You have number 24," Tina passed Shane the 10x8 and watched as she opened it, inside was the image of two hands linked together in friendship burning. Shane looked shocked.

"You didn't have..." Shane started.

"No but I wanted too, 21 pieces will be sold and they go live at midnight tonight. Now there is one piece left. And it's the lightest piece and its for my wife, she will get number 25" Tina passed number 25 to Bette and watched as Bette opened it, seeing the light half pencil half painted piece. That showed happiness. A happiness that she had only found with Bette. Bette was speechless.

"That piece looks unfinished," Tina explained, "because our relationship is not finished."

"Wow, I never expected anything like this," Bette said slowly

"Neither did I," Shane and Alice said at the same time.

Kit brought their meals out and smiled at her sister in law

"This is on the house,"

"Kit," Tina said,

"No, I know you're about to sell 21 pieces that are as rare as the one you've just given me for $25,000 each, yes I've just looked at your website so please let me give you this meal."

"Thank you Kit," Tina said knowing she couldn't force her sister-in-law to take her money.

"Sorry did you say you are selling these for $25.000 each?" Alice said

"Yes, that's what they were valued at by the art expert." Tina smiled as she started to eat her dinner.

"Jesus I better get it insured." Alice joked.

Tina laughed.

"I wanted you all to be apart of this, since I meet Bette you guys have welcomed me with open arms and I know I'm not the easiest person. I like my own company and I'm not great around others, I'm private but you have never judged me as this is how I see my life going forward at the moment. I'm going to make enough money selling 21 of them. it's nothing for me to give four away,"

"I love you," Bette pulled Tina too her and kissed her. before they all started to eat, drink and laugh. Tina let herself go and enjoyed the moments with her friends.

***

Tina fell asleep in the car on the way home, she'd had a busy day and had become over tired during the dinner. Bette had watched her getting tired but knew she wanted to be around her friends. Bette pulled the car into their drive and turned off the engine. She looked over at her wife and gently reached out and pushed her hair behind her ear. Tina slowly opened her eyes.

"We are home,"

"Good,"

"What you did today was amazing, you know that right?"

"I just gave away four painting,"

"Three of which were to friends that respect and love you. mine well. Mine is perfect and I am going to hang it in my office at the gallery. I only want the best for you."

"I know. I know. I love you, I did what was right. at midnight the other 21 go on sale and the world will see them all for the first time."

"Peggy wants one,"

"Well an email went out at six telling them 21 one off pieces would go on sale on the site at midnight."

"You will not be staying up for it," Bette said looking at her watch it was now half 10.

"I can't. stay awake, I need to take my meds, and crawl into bed next to you."

"That sounds perfect." Bette moved and kissed her lips softly.

Tina licked her lips. Looking at her wife. grinning. Knowing that tonight could change everything.