Resting

The opening in London had been a great success, Bette could not be happier with the way that the show had gone down, loved by the public and the critics. She was very pleased, she'd come home driven directly to the hospital and signed an endless amount of discharge papers for her wife. Now she was home, her family was home. She walked out of her office after a call with her new gallery, she had fired Matthew after he made a couple more comments to customers about her marriage and had replaced with woman called Melanie, who was doing a great job.

She smiled when she saw Tina lay on the sofa, their nearly four month old son was lay on her chest, both of them sleeping peacefully. Tina was protectively holding him in place. Bette went into the kitchen and turned on her expensive coffee machine. There was a light knock on the door. Bette answered the door and smiled at Shane who was stood with their grocers.

"You do know we could pay to have these delivered." Bette smiled as she helped her friend take the stuff into the kitchen.

"I enjoy it," Shane said, "I feel a little useful."

Bette smiled. Shane started to help Bette unpack, she looked over and Tina and smiled.

"They seems very bonded." Shane smiled.

"Yeah, since she got up a couple of days ago, she's been doing stuff for him, he sleeps well with her a lot,"

"Is Tina sleeping better?"

"Yeah, she's getting into a routine. They both are,"

"That's a good start,"

"Tina has to listen to her body and mind to remain healthy." Bette said. Bette moved around and putting stuff away.

"Has she painted yet?"

"She spent a couple of hours out there yesterday but I left her too it. She's needs that private time away from us, to let her mind breath. I need to give her time. I want her to be relaxed at home."

"I'm sure she is," Shane smiled,

"she's better here than the hospital." Bette put the last of the stuff away as Xavier cried and Tina woke

"Hey little man it's okay" Tina kissed the top of his head and moved looking at him, "Aww is my little man wet, wet and hungry, shall we change your diaper first and then feed you, Bette?"

"Yes honey,"

"Can you make little dude a bottle while I just change him please?"

"Sure,"

Tina got up, she hadn't noticed Shane as her attention was fully on Xavier as she took him to change him.

Bette started to make the bottle,

"She's totally lost in him isn't she?"

"Yeah, she will say hi when he doesn't have a wet diaper." Bette smiled.

A few moments later Tina returned,

"Hey Shane,"

"Hey Tina, sorry I bought your shopping,"

"Don't be sorry, we are very grateful. Thank you." Tina smiled at her friend, "How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm glad to be home," Tina said as she gently rubbed a rather grumpy Xavier's back as he rested on her shoulder.

"We're glad you're home too,"

Bette took Xavier and took him into the living room to feed him while Tina spoke with Shane,

"I'm sorry," Tina said, "I feel like I've let so many people down."

Shane looked at her friend, watching as she rubbed the back of her neck in that nervous manner she still had,

"You've not let anyone down," Shane reassured her friend. "You're doing great,"

"I don't feel it, I know you guys invited us to the Planet, but I'm not just up to it yet."

"We know things aren't going to be normal for a while."

"I would love them to be," Tina smiled

"Just take everything a day at a time,"

"I've tried telling her that," Bette said with a laugh as she feed Xavier.

"And we all know you love to be right," Tina fired back good natured.

Shane smiled it was good to see her friends interacting this way again.

"Right I've gotta go, I've got a date tonight,"

"A real date?" Tina looked excited for her friend.

"Yeah shockingly, we're gonna go for dinner, you know something normal."

"Wow, I want details,"

"I will call ya tomorrow, okay?" Shane grinned

"Thank" Tina nodded.

Bette smiled as she watched Tina see their friend out, it was the most normal they had been since Tina had been hospitalised.

Tina said goodbye to her friend and then turned back to her wife and son and smiled. Xavier was sitting up with Bette's help being winded, his eyes looking around the room. His eyes locked on Tina and a little smile formed. That was it Tina's heart completely melted. Her little boy knew her. She walked over and sat next to Bette and kissed her son's forehead.

"I love you little man," She whispered.

Bette smiled at her wife. She loved that her wife was home, that her family was back together. She knew they had so much work to do,

"B," Tina said slowly

"Mmm," Bette said as she cleaned Xavier up and sat him against her chest facing out so he could look around and try and play with his brightly coloured plastic keys that Bette held for him.

"I'm not ready to restart painting yet. I don't want to lose myself in work and not deal with my emotions. I need to be more present, in our marriage and in little dude's life. I want to maybe draw a little, maybe, but I'm not ready to start another show or anything," Tina was being open and honest.

"You need to take your time, do everything at your own pace. That's all I want. You can draw and paint, you just need to eat healthy, get enough sleep and send time with your family. We need to find that perfect balance."

"Time, I take it," She smiled,

"Yes, Ti, listen. Right now you're very mentally stable right now. With the help of a great team, your medication, yoga, and everything else you are doing. I want you to find the balance, were you can follow your passion. You're a talented and well loved artist, who makes excellent money from your work. You will find the right time to paint."

Tina looked at her wife who was smiling as Xavier finally took hold of his keys and brought them to his mouth. Tina reached out and gently ran her finger though his mass of curls.

"My baby is very clever." Tina smiled as she watched him sucking on the key.

"He is," Bette kissed the top of his head.

Tina took in her wife, the woman who had done more to help her and to make sure she was fine as well as dealing with their sick son and working. She was lost in total and utter adoration for the woman she had married. She wanted to do something for her. She knew that Bette's 40th birthday was coming up and she wanted to make sure she had the best and most relaxing birthday possible.