Gallery Time

Bette stood in the middle of Porter LA as she looked at the piece they were trying to put into place. She was hosting a group show and slowly all the artists work was arriving. The main public gallery was still open with a number of painting for sale, however on the upper floor the group show was taking shape.

James walked over to her,

"Bette,"

"Yes James,"

"We have a buyer downstairs,"

"You can normally deal with that," Bette said looking at her assistant, raising her eyebrow.

"She doesn't want to do business with the monkey. She wants to do business with you." He said,

"Did she insult you?"

"Not really she's just a little rude."

"Who is it?"

"She said you'll know her when you see her,"

"She wouldn't give you her name,"

"Nope," James sighed.

"Okay, James, you finish up here, that piece doesn't have the right lighting can you sort it out?" she asked softly,

He simply nodded as Bette turned, making sure she looked business like. today she was wearing a smart dress shirt and trousers, her selves rolled up. her heels clicking on the steal steps down into the public viewing gallery. She saw who it was at once. She shook her head, when she saw Kelly stood in front of one of Tina pencil drawings that had been bought months ago but was still on display.

"How can I help you Kelly?" Bette asked as she walked over to her.

"Agh I didn't think you'd see me,"

"Well James usually runs the gallery. I'm only here because we have new pieces going in upstairs for a group showing I'm running next week."

"You're not usually here?"

"No I work from home mainly as you said I don't live in West Hollywood anymore,"

"Where are you?"

"That's none of your business," Bette said slowly. "What can we do for you?"

"I am a collector and was looking at this amazing pencil drawing, which I believe is your wife's,"

"It is. But it's also not for sale because it's sold. We have copies of it but this has been bought," Bette smiled, looking at the pencil drawing the first one Tina had done after her seizure and it was the view from her hospital window. It had taken her half an hour and the detail as amazing.

"When did it sell?" Kelly asked,

"Well Tina drew it four weeks ago, while in hospital and we put it on sale three weeks ago and it sold in four hours." Bette admitted.

"Does Tina take commissions?"

"Not really, she' only do one and that was for Peggie Peabody. I don't think she would do anymore,"

"Doesn't you wife want money?" Kelly asked,

"She's not into this for money or fame, she does this because she enjoys art."