Home, Sweet Home

Bette sat at the dinning table nursing a mug of coffee, her laptop open and she slowly went through her work emails. The flight home had been hell, Tina had been ill, she'd vomited a number of time, she had felt light headed, as soon as they had landed Bette had taken her to the doctors. Tina had a nasty stomach bug which had given her a fever which was why she was dizzy and light headed. She was now sleeping peacefully in bed sleeping it off.

There was a knock on the door and Bette got up, smiling when she saw Shane stood there carrying some groceries that she had offered to get the couple when she'd found out that Tina was ill.

"Shane you are a live saver." Bette as she took some of the bags from her friend and took them into the kitchen.

"It's okay, how is she?" Shane asked, as she put the bags down and stared to help Tina unpack.

"She's sleeping. She's scared the crap out of me,"

"At least you got a good few days before it happened."

"Yeah, she's a go stomach bug and bit of a chest infection. I've been given some medication to help her." Bette said as she slowly put everything away.

"You must have panicked a bit." Shane remarked.

"You have no idea." Bette smiled, "I panicked the moment she was dizzy, watching her get sicker as she we got closer to home was hard. She was so unhappy."

"I bet, being sick sucks" Shane put the milk away as Bette switched the coffee maker back on.

"She's sleeping peacefully at the moment. I'm glad she's managing that, the moment we got home she crawled into bed. Her body was weak."

"She' also a home body, she likes being her. did you guys have a nice time apart from this happened?"

"Yeah we did, we talked a lot," Bette poured her friend and coffee and they went and sat in the living room,

"Bet you did more than talk,"

"We did it was our honeymoon, but we also did some serious talking,"

"About?"

"She wants a family,"

"Kids?" Shane asked, sitting in one of the arm chairs, her coffee in her hands.

"Yeah, I've never really thought about it because I never saw myself settling down, I mean, come on. did anyone see me married, yet here I am, married to an artist."

"And it's not Jodi,"

"Oh God, I couldn't have married Jodi. She would have cheated on the wedding day. I didn't expect to marry Jodi, Tina is different,"

"Because she's the love of your life," Shane smiled behind her mug

"Yes, she's my world. I just don't think I'm ready to be a Mom,"

"She's not talking about a family right away Bette. my god you've been married five minutes. But maybe she wants children down the line. Maybe a few years from now. her career has just taken off. she will want to enjoy that,"

"She's spoken to you about this hasn't she?"

"No," Shane said honestly. "She's mentioned a few times she would like kids when we ae talking but I get the feeling its not right now. I think she just wants to know if you ae open to the idea."