vacation carries on

Tina slowly slipped out of bed, making sure she didn't want to wake Bette. She pulled on a t-shirt and shorts. She softly opened the door, heading down stairs she smiled as she saw the soft lamp on and Kit was sat giving Xavier a feed.

"Hey," Tina whispered.

"Hey why are you up?" Kit asked,

"I wanted to see him," Tina smiled softly.

Kit moved and passed Xavier to his mom. He settled at once and Tina carried on feeding him. She looked at him.

"I knew one of you would give in." Kit smiled.

"I knew it would be me. I miss him,"

Tina kissed her sons head before winding him. Tina kissed him again and gently rubbed his back

"There you are," Bette came down in a tank and baggy yoga pants.

"Sorry baby, I know you said..."

"Honey, never say sorry for wanting to see our son." Bette smiled. "Hey Kit,"

"Tell you what I'll make us some sandwiches and some juice," Kit got up and Bette sat down next to her wife.

Bette reached out and gently ran her finger along her sons face, he smiled.

"Hey buddy, looks like mommy and mama couldn't keep away from you. Even when we are supposed to be taking a break."

Tina kissed him and sat him up. Against her just holding him close. Bette put arm around Tina's should and looked at her son. Smiling as he took her finger of her other hand.

Kit looked over at the family she smiled softly, they all looked happy. They looked like the loving family they were. She saw Tina totally lost in her son and wife. She saw the Tina they had meet four years ago. Kit smiled. Loving that her sister was so happy.

****

Bette sat looking out over the mountains. A glass of wine in her hand, she could hear Tina moving around their bedroom. She smiled at the memory of their early evening with Xavier. She loved that her wife had fully bonded with her son.

Tina walked out and sat close to her wife, resting her head on Bette's shoulder. Snuggling into her. Bette wrapped her arms Tina.

"I loved our time with Xavier today." Tina said softly. "He changes every day."

"He does,"

"I sometimes feel guilty that I nearly walked away from this,"

"You didn't. You're here."

"I love you so much Bette. I know my mental illness is a massive thing in our relationship and I know it's hard on you sometimes. I see your pain. I love everything you do for me and our family. I want you to know I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Bette gently kissed her. Rubbing her nose against' Tina's. smiling as they settled down. Just enjoying the silence, of being together. Tina closed her eyes and for the first time in months drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

****

Bette grinned as she walked into the bedroom and saw Tina lay with Xavier on her chest, both of them sleeping. They hadn't made it through the weekend without him but neither of them cared. She was just glad that Tina was sleeping, she had a protective hand holding Xavier in place. Bette got back into bed, lay on her side, her hand getting lost in her hair as she looked at her wife and son. Taking them both in. she watched as they both slept the same way. Xavier moved his head and Tina opened her eyes and made sure he looked okay.

"He is fine," Bette whispered.

"Sorry I needed him close."

"You don't have to explain yourself babe, he is our child. It was lovely to wake up to his little snore and see him on your chest." Bette reached up and gently ran her finger down her son's face.

"I just needed him close. I love him so much. Kit texted to say he wasn't sleeping well. She thought he was missing us. The moment he was in my arms he snuggled down and I knew he was okay."

"You're a good mom, you know that Ti," Bette smiled.

"So are you, you've done so much for our son. When I failed you were there for him."

"You didn't fail. You've never failed." Bette moved closer and kissed her wife and then her son.

"This is the most important thing to me,"

"Laying in bed,"

"No, no us being together as a family. I want him to know he is loved."

"He knows," Bette smiled. "We love you, both him and me."

"I love you both. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good,"

"I need to look after you. We are supposed to be team. We are married. I want you to come to me when you don't feel great. I want us to grow together. I love you so much and seeing you sick made me feel bad. We've been dealing with my health and my problems it was like we've forgotten about you and we can't do that."

"We need to look after each other. You need to sleep."

Tina yawned and closed her eyes. Bette curled deeper into her, putting her own hand onto Xavier and the family feel asleep together.