The Truth About Her

Tina sat in the middle of the living room floor, Angie strapped to her chest sleeping peacefully as she played with Xavier. Who was happily playing with his Lego. Bette came down the stairs, loving the noise of her family live but she was slightly troubled.

Bette walked into the kitchen and poured herself a drink looking over at her family, there was a calm in the house, a calm that hadn't really been in place for a long time. Bette took a deep breath before walking into the living room and sitting into an armchair that she had always loved sitting in.

"Ti,"

"Mmm," Tina looked up and smiled at her wife.

"We need to have a chat?"

"About?" Tina said moving back so that her back was against the sofa but she was close enough to Xaiver that she could help him if he needed.

"I got a call last night when we were in bed,"

"You get a lot of calls babe," Tina said not knowing why she was being told about this call.

"This one was from Katherine Hawkins,"

"The artist?" Tina asked, frowning slightly. She knew the woman was attractive.

"Yes, erm. about twenty years ago when I was young and very stupid I had a one night stand with her,"

"Okay..." Tina wasn't sure why her wife was telling her.

"She was married at the time to a man and tried to sue me for sexual harassment, she tried to take my gallery, my name and my life." Bette suddenly looked sad.

Tina slowly got up she unfastened Angie and placed her into her cot. She walked over and sat on the arm of the sofa looking at Bette.

"Why would she do that?"

"Money, it blinds people. She wanted me to give her everything. I made a terrible misjudgement by sleeping with her in the first place. She's not even my type of woman. she's a vile person."

"How did she get your personal number?" Tina asked softly

"I'm betting Jodi Fucking Learner." Bette whispered. Her head hanging low. She was still ashamed of what had happened twenty years ago and it didn't look good for her. it had been a horrible period that she just wanted to go away. She hadn't thought it was going to be something that would come back and haunt her all these years later.

"Did you have feelings for Katherine?"

"No, I was honey, I was a bit of a player,"

"Like when you met me," Tina said softly

Bette looked up, her eyes filled with emotion,

"You're so different and you know that. I love you. I've never loved or wanted anyone the way I do with you. you're my world I don't want anyone else. You know that."

"I do but when we meet you were the Player of LA. You've done that a lot when you were single. You're older and wiser now. I've put you though enough shit. I know that."

"I don't want anyone but you." Bette reached out and took her wife's hand

"I know, I love you Bette I understand you have a past and sometimes that past is scary."

"I shouldn't have kept it from you."

"We all keep things from others. I'm aware of that. Bette, why does this woman scare you more than any others." Tina could read her wife better than most people