Letting Her Hair Down

Bette pulled the car into the space outside the medical centre, today Xavier had a check-up. She looked over to Tina and smiled, her wife seemed calmer today. She'd had a good sleep and taken her medication and seemed to have calmed down a little.

"Ready for this," Bette asked, reaching over and taking her wife's hand.

Tina lifted their hands and kissed the back of Bette's hand.

"Yeah, but I'm sure it's Xavier who should be worried."

"I know these appointments can be hard on you."

"And you, we really need to start thinking more about you," Tina said softly

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you're too busy looking after everyone else that you need to be looked after too. I'm useless sometimes, I mean the last three days have proven that. I just want to make sure you have support too,"

"Well...erm..."

"What?" Tina turned in her car seat and looked at her wife, she reached over and gently pushed a stray hair out of Bette's face.

"Dana and Lara have invited us out, to a nightclub. I know it's not your seen."

"Do you want to go?" Tina asked honestly.

"Yes, I would love too. I..."

"Can we get a nurse to stay with me and Xavier?"

"Sorry what?"

"Listen I'm not going to enjoy being in a night club, but if we can get Beth or Judy to come and sit with me for the evening you can go out and have a great time and get drunk and let your hair down. I'm not holding you back. I'm not going to stop you enjoying yourself. I'll even pay bar bill." Tina smiled.

Bette laughed.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, but I want one of the female nurses, Jake is well.i don't want him around."

"I phoned the company last night about him,"

"He keeps trying to tell me a list of things that could be wrong with Xavier. The doctors here tell me if there are problems with my son not him. There is no way on earth that Xavier is Autistic. He interacts with us too well. I think Jake is looking for problems and that scares me."

"I'll have him removed from the staff list. I'll also change the security number for nurses."

"Thank you,"

"You sometimes have to follow you gut, Now lets get this appointment over with and we can go home and eat the left-over pizza from last night." Bette smiled

"Sounds perfect," Tina said before getting out of the car and opening the back door to get their son out of the car.

****

Bette walked into the night club, wearing a pencil skirt, a fitted top and heels, she looked around and saw her friends. It had been a while since she had dressed up. She had smiled at the look on Tina's face when she had come downstairs.

Bette walked towards her friends who had a table

"Hello ladies,"

"Bette," Dana moved and let her friend sit down. "Let me get you a drink,"