Open Heart

"Bette?" Tina walked into the house, she was slightly covered in paint and knew she needed a shower, she smiled when she saw her girlfriend setting the dinning table.

"You okay babe?" Bette looked up at her.

"Yeah, how long till dinner?"

"Take out will be here in about twenty minutes,"

"Good, I just need to get a shower, I've got paint everywhere. Sorry,"

"Why are you sorry?"

"You've not seen the studio floor," Tina said smiling as she walked towards their bedroom, Bette followed her grinning.

"It's your studio, I take it the lovely floor is now covered in paint, as you appear to be covered in it,"

"Yeah, I was getting my feelings out and threw paint at a blank canvases. It looks amazing, I choose really good colours," Tina said as she started to strip, she was fine with her body in front of Bette.

"Did it help get your emotions out?"

"Yes, it did." Tina walked into the bathroom in her pants and bra, as she walked past Bette, Bette kissed her shoulder.

"Good, I will finish setting the table, you enjoy your shower."

"Bette," Tina said as she stood in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Mmm,"

"Thank you,"

"What for?" Bette was confused,

"Letting my art just be that my art, for allowing me to make a mess of a untouched studio and not caring that I've got paint all over it. for supporting me." Tina said slowly.

"I'm a gallery owner I love art baby. But your art, your creativeness I will always support. I love you, you can make as much mess as you like as long as it's in the studio."

Tina grinned before closing the bathroom door and getting into the shower.

***

Bette plated up their food and poured them each a glass of wine, she felt like she was dating Tina instead of living with her. she wanted to know more about this woman. She was putting the plates out when Tina walked in, her hair up and out of her face, she was wearing a shirt and jeans. Her feet bare. She smiled as Bette pulled the chair out and Tina sat down.

"Mmm smells good," Tina looked at the expensive steak meal that Bette had ordered for them.

"Good," Bette put the red wine down and sat herself in her seat looking at Tina. "How was your shower?"

"Good, don't think the paint is going to come off my shirt,"

"It's okay I'm sure a lot of artist have clothes covered in paint." Bette grinned.

"Yeah, I can't wait to start getting the pieces into place in the gallery."

"We will have to take some photos of them in the studio, before we put them in storage for you."

"That's fine. I'm excited for the show but really scared at the same time."

"Because you don't want to be on display."

"Yeah, I want the art to speak for itself, but I know I will have to do press and put myself on show," Tina hated being on show.

"For someone as shy as you I can see it must be painful to talk to the press,"