Moving Forward

Bette walked around her new space in Brick Lane, Whitechapel, London. The Place was stunning and she was glad she had flown out to see it, after weeks of planning Bette had finally got onto a plane and headed to England. It had been helped by the fact that Tina's doctors had allowed her to have Xavier with her as much as possible, with the edition of three nurses who Tina had got to know.

Bette smiled as she saw the first pieces of art finally being installed to the newest gallery,

"What do you think?" Matthew, her new managed ask,

Bette turned to him.

"It's looking good, the space looks so much better now we have had the painters in."

"I'm glad you like it."

"It' good, I love the mixture of dry wall and brick work."

"Any chance of us every showing your wife's work?" Matthew asked, pushing his hands into his jeans pockets.

"Unlikely at present," Bette said, she always had people asking about Tina's work. "She's not included in the Porter Brand."

"She should be," Matthew said

Bette smiled.

"My wife is her own woman. She was a talented artist before I married her and has her own brand and her own way of working. She will show when she is ready." Bette turned to look at the piece that was being installed.

"Are the rumours true?"

"And what rumours would they be Matthew?" Bette was slowly losing her temper.

"Word has it that she cancelled her last sale because she's in a mental hospital."

Bette took a deep breath and turned back to the man she had an overwhelming urge to fire.

"Let me make something clear, my personal life, my home life is off the table as a talking point,"

"She is then," Matthew said.

"Matthew, if I was you I wouldn't overstep the mark."

"I am sorry I didn't mean too"

"You did, your trying to push like a five year old. I will explain something too you. If you wish to work for me, you will respect me and I will respect you. At the moment I've got no respect for you because of how you are acting and I could replace you in an instant. Just remember that. Okay?"

"Okay," He was sheepish now as he knew that he had crossed the line. "Erm, do you think the opening will go well?"

"It should do," Bette was glad that she was back onto work. "We've got some great new artists and the work is stunning. We've also got some very high profile guests, it should be good."

Bette's phone started to ring and she smiled when she saw Tina's name, "Excuse me,"

Bette loved away from Matthew and answering her phone.

"Hello baby," Bette smiled as she walked to the back of the gallery

"Hi, how is it going?"

"The art is being installed tomorrow is opening night and then I can fly home."

"We miss you," Tina said softly.

"I miss you both too, how are you coping?"

"We are doing good, I've spent a lot of time with our boy. I'm doing more and more for him. The nurses have shown me how to help get his legs moving a little better. He was a little sicky in the night but seems okay now."

"You're a good mom," Bette said smiling softly.

"I'll be better when I am home full time,"

"That will happen,"

"I've been talking to my doctors yesterday."

"Yes," Bette smiled as she spoke, looking out on the busy London street outside of the gallery.

"They want to start me on a 'at home' programme,"

"You'd move home?" Bette was hopeful.

"Yes, I'd be home full time and I'd have to go or attend therapy daily, which will so decrease. It's a step in the right, do you think?" Tina asked nervously.

"I think it will be great, you need to be in your happy place,"

"Home is my happiest place," Tina admitted.

"When do they want to discharge you?"

"When you come home, they don't want me going home alone."

"I can understand that," Bette grinned.

"Are you okay with this?"

"I want you home, Xavier and I love you," Bette smiled. "If the doctors think it's okay for you to come home then that's amazing,"

"We have to take each day as it comes," Tina smiled, "I'm going to have good and bad days which is why they want me to keep checking in with them. I'm ready to be in our home, with you and our son,"

"I can't wait, when I get home my family will be complete again." Bette couldn't stop the grin on her face.

"I better let you get back to work, I love you B,"

"I love you too Ti," Bette hung up the phone.

She walked around the gallery a couple of times. She was happy, she had a new space, she had a new start in London and her wife was coming home. It had a been a long few months and their son was getting bigger and stronger by the day and she wanted the same for her wife. She knew that it was best that Tina came home, her weekend visits over the past couple of months had gone well she was slowly becoming more and more like herself. She wanted her home full time and that looked like it was finally going to happen. Bette knew they still had a long road to go down but she felt like her and her family together would be stronger than they are now.