One Year

Bette flicked through a magazine, her feet up on the coffee table. She was relaxed. She had put Xavier to bed and was wating for Tina to come in from the studio. She knew that she had been wrapping and getting ready to send Peggy's pieces to her.

Tina walked in and closed the French doors making sure they were locked. She walked into the living room and smiled at her wife. She walked over and sat next to her wife, gently ran her fingers along her wife's jean clad leg.

"Everything ready for Peggy?" Bette asked, putting the magazine down and taking her wife's hand and gently playing with her wife's fingers.

"Yes, Roman will take them to Peggy tomorrow, we can start on family matters now,"

"You mean us having another baby?" Bette smiled softly, her eyes locked on her wife's hands.

"Yes,"

"I spoke to the sperm bank, they still have our sperm. I've also spoke to the doctor,"

"What did she say?"

"Dr Wilson says that if I get pregnant they will have to keep a closer eye on me because of my age, but I'm healthy enough. She wanted to know how we want to do this,"

"You mean the insemination?" Tina asked,

"Yes, she wanted to know whether we want a home kit or if I want to do it in at the office." Bette looked at her wife,

Tina reached over and gently pushed a stray hair out of her wife's face. Enjoying that feeling of touching this woman. That this woman is hers.

"What do you want?" Tina whispered.

"Ideally,"

"Mmm," Tina said after a moment of silence.

"I would want you to do it, I want us to be able to make our child together. I feel like if we did it at the doctor's office it wouldn't be us doing it, it wouldn't feel right,"

"Then we get a home kit." Tina smiled

"You sure?"

"Bette, we are having a family together. We are doing this together. I want to be apart of this. I know I'm going to need to step up. I get that. I love you. I love Xavier, I will love our child that we make together."

"Fuck I love you," Bette whispered.

Tina smiled. She moved forward and kissed her wife. The kiss was gentle and slow, both of themselves getting lost in it. Bette pulled away and pulled Tina onto her lap. Tina grinned down at her.

"I want us to make a baby," Bette whispered.

"I can't wait." Tina laughed before kissing her wife again

****

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you Happy Birthday dear Xavier, happy birthday too you," the whole gang, Kit, Bette and Tina sang as Xavier giggled, clapped his hands and made a dive for the cake.

Bette laughed at her son, she couldn't believe that her son was one years old. Her little dude was growing. His mass of curly hair moved as he turned his head to Tina who was beside him. It had been a long time since every one had been at the house. Tina was busying herself with her son, cleaning him up and feeding him bits of icing that he was licking off her fingers.

"He is going to be a handsome devil your son," Kit smiled as she wrapped an arm around her sister.

"He already is," Bette smiled at her sister.