Weekend

Bette rolled up the selves of as the casual shirt she was wearing, which was tucked into a pair of long slung Levi's. Tina watched her from the counter where she was cutting up fruit, a slow.

"Are you watching me?" Bette asked, as she started to put some bottles of beer she had bought for their friends into the fridge.

"Yes," Tina nodded as she spoke. "I rather like what I see,"

Bette grinned. As she finished what she was doing, and ran her hand along her stomach which now had a slight bump.

"I'm glad," Bette grinned.

Xavier crawled around in his play area that Tina had decided. It was full of colour and toys with a special kid friendly fence around it to ensure he was safe.

"Are you okay babe?"

"Yea, I'm okay," Bette said smiling as she opened a bottle of water. She took a long drink out of it.

"Sure?"

"Just a little warm Ti," Bette smiled.

"Maybe get changed then,"

"The girls are coming,"

"So, if you're warm put lighter clothes on. Babe it's about your comfort level. They are going to want to be in the pool anyway so won't be wearing a lot anyways. Please just go and put on lighter clothes." Tina just gave her wife a look.

Bette knew not to mess with the look. She shook her head put her bottle of water down and headed upstairs.

****

The garden was filled with laugher and chatter. Tina was sat off to one side, just in hearing distance of what was going on, but she didn't have to join in. Bette was in the middle of a debate with Alice about something or other. Shane walked over and sat next to Tina.

"How you doing?" Shane asked as she took a drink from her bottle of beer.

"I'm good, you?" Tina asked, her eyes still locked on Bette who was laughing.

"I'm good," Shane nodded.

"I've started a new set of painting, now I've finished with Peggie's commission,"

"I saw a print of one of yours in a hair salon in New York the other week,"

"I don't know where the prints go,"

"You have a man for that now," Shane laughed as she spoke

"I do, like Bette has James."

"Oh God Poor James."

"She's a lot nicer to him these days." Tina smiled.

"You've mellowed her."

"I think Xaiver did actually," Tina said. "He has found a softness in her that even I can't explain and when our new one arrives it's gonna be the same."

"You both adore him,"

"We do," Tina nodded.

Bette walked over and gently kissed Tina's forehead.

"Do you need anything?" Bette asked, gently running her fingers through her wife's hair, Tina naturally lent into her wife's touch. Shane watched smiling at the couple.