An unexpected offer

Tina looked at the email she had been sent again, she shook her head. she couldn't believe that this was real, she was being offer her own show in New York. A show with as many pieces as she could make. She had five months. She shook her head. she couldn't believe what she was reading. She took a deep breath, before getting up and walking into the house, she went to Bette's study upstairs, the door was closed and she knocked.

"Come in," Bette yelled as she bent over her desk looking at some pieces that she was going to be displaying shortly. when Tina didn't speak Bette looked around at her, she saw how pale Tina was, "Baby what's the matter?"

"Erm, I've had an email."

"About?"

"MoKa New York," Tina pushed her hands into her pockets and looked at Bette who smiled.

"As in one of the largest galleries in Manhattan,"

"Yeah, they've offered me a solo show in five months because someone has dropped out. they don't mind how many pieces because they will put me in on one of five floors depending on the number and sizes of the pieces, they will take 35 per cent of the show."

"That's a great deal,"

"I should take it?"

"Yes you should, Tina that's an amazing offer by one of the biggest galleries in America. Go for it,"

"You'd be with me right?" Tina said slowly. she was scared to do this alone.

"I will be there every step of the way baby," Bette reached out and touched Tina's face.

"Thank you, I'll go and email them a yes, New York city. I'm going to be shown in my own show in New York city." Tina said shaking her head, she left the room and headed back to the studio.

Bette smiled she was very proud of Tina. She knew that her website was doing well for prints. She was glad she was watching the woman she loves career take off. she wants Tina to have the career that meant she could draw people. She knew that Tina's art was a draw, she had seen the reviews of the show. Something that Tina had avoided. She didn't want to read anything negative but they had been positive. She turned back to her own work and smiled, glad that things where starting to work out.

***

Tina held Bette's hand as they walked into the Planet, they had decided to drive into LA and meet everyone for dinner. Tina was still in shock. Bette looked around and saw the gang. She waved before going to the counter they ordered their dinner and drink before heading over to the table, Bette pulled a chair out for Tina next to Shane and Tina sat down, with Shane on one side and Bette on the other.

"Hey you two," Alice grinned as she eat her sandwich, "Didn't think you'd come into town,"

"Well, sometimes we will come into town Al," Bette grinned, she rubbed her hand along Tina's back ensuring that she was relaxed.

"How are you Tina?" Shane asked, as the conversations around the table started.

"I'm good, I've been offered a show in New York, solo show"

"Wow,"

"Yeah at Moka New York,"

"Isn't that a massive place,"

"Yeah, they had someone drop out and my name was brought up by Peggy Peabody and now I've got a solo show,"

"You took it?"

"Yeah I already have six pieces," Tina grinned, "They are being really nice, I think they know I'm with Bette,"

"Will that help you?"

"Well, Bette is their competition, but I'm not. They are sending the contract tomorrow."

"I'm happy for you"

"Thank you Shane." Tina grinned.

Their food arrived and Tina started to eat while listening to the conversation around her. she wasn't able to really keep up with what was going on. she knew that Alice's TV show had been picked up by a network, Dana had another tennis tournament. She had lost track of the rest. She eat her sandwich, listened as best she could.

Bette rubbed her back

"Are you okay babe?"

"Yeah, just too much going on,"

"I know, we don't have to stay much longer okay,"

"Okay," Tina got up and headed to the bathroom.

Tina used the bathroom and was washing her hands when a woman stood next to her,

"Hey,"

"Erm, hi," Tina said

"Are you alone?"

"No, I'm with my partner,"

"shame." The woman said before slowly walking away.

Tina watched her go a little confused. She shook her head and went back into the restaurant, she sat back down and saw that the woman was watching her from the counter.

"What's the matter?" Bette asked,

"That woman," Tina pointed at the woman at the corner, "just asked me if I was single,"

"What?" Bette looked at the woman and shook her head. she gently rubbed Tina's shoulders too show the woman, who Bette knew, that she was with her. the woman walked over.

"Bette Porter, where have you been?" The woman said

"Living my life Nadia," Bette was a little dismissive.

"You've not been around,"

"That's because I don't live in LA anymore,"

"You left LA?"

"That doesn't matter,"

"I see the cute blonde is with you,"

"You mean Tina, she's my partner. Have a little respect and ask her name." Bette shook her head,

"B, erm I'll be outside," She got up and Shane followed her out. knowing that Bette wouldn't want her to be alone,

"Did I scare her off?" Nadia asked,

"More than likely," Alice followed her arms. "You're enough to scare most women off."

"Alice I'll text you tomorrow. I'm going to go home with Ti,"

"Sure"

"You just said you don't live in LA how are you going home?"

"We live outside LA," Bette shook her hand before turning Alice, "Al thanks for the invite. See you next week?"

"Yeah same place, give Tina a hug from me,"

"I will, night all," Bette waved and went outside, smiling when she saw Shane and Tina talking, Bette walked over and took Tina's hand.

"Shall we go home baby,"

"Please," Tina smiled, "See you soon Shane,"

They walked towards the car, Bette with her arm around Tina.

"I love you,"

"I love you too Ti" Bette replied grinning. She was glad that Tina had managed most of the evening at the table. She could also see that Tina was tired. She pulled her closer as they walked just enjoying her being close.