Bette's Birthday

Tina walked into their bedroom and smiled at her wife who was still sleeping, her arm thrown over her forehead. The sheets thrown off in the night. she looked peaceful. Tina had slipped out of bed and brew Bette's favourite coffee and picked up the present that she had had delivered for her the day before.

Tina walked over to the bed, putting the mug of coffee onto Bette's bedside table and held the present in her other hand, she sat on the bed and looked at her wife, she moved forward and gently pushed a stray hair out of her wife's face and gently kissed her lips to wake her.

Bette licked her lips and slowly opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw Tina sat on the edge of the bed.

"Morning baby," Bette rolled fully onto her back and looked at her wife,

Tina smiled back at her.

"Happy Birthday," Tina whispered, "I love you. You're amazing. I know you're just waking up but I want you to know that I love you, I'm grateful to you. You're an amazing woman. I love you so much. you're a great mother, you're an amazing wife. I'm so in love with you. You're my world. I got you this,"

Tina passed Bette the box she was holding.

Bette looked at her wife smiling, she pushed herself up and moved the pillows making sure she was comfortable. She opened the box, inside was an expensive watch. Bette's breath as taken away she slowly took out the watch and looked at it. Seeing that it was engraved, 'B love T'.

"Wow Tina,"

"Not every day your wife turns 40, I wanted to mark it with a nice gift. That's from me and your sleeping son,"

"Thank you so much," Bette put the watch on and grinned.

"Today is all about you, what would you like to do it?"

"I'd like breakfast at the Planet, with my family and friends. I want to then enjoy the afternoon with my family and maybe we can fire up the grill,"

Tina could tell that Bette was holding back,

"B, what do you really want?" Tina asked softly.

"I..." Bette stopped

"Talk to me," Tina reached out and held her hand and gently kissed her fingers.

"I would like the girls to come over for a grill and beers." Bette said honestly.

"We can do that,"

"Are you sure?"

"Baby, listen. I'm okay, if I need time away from the noise or the people I can com up here, or go into the studio. If you want a grill out for your birthday we can do that. I want you to have your birthday." Tina held her hands.

"I love you,"

Tina smiled. Xavier choose that moment to wake up and cry.

"Sounds like our little man is awake." Tina grinned slowly getting up,

Bette moved and looked at her wife smiling as Tina left the room. She was overjoyed that her wife seemed very relaxed.

***

Tina smiled as she put together a few snacks for the girls who were enjoying the pool. Bette was out there, she could hear her wife's laughter. She looked up as Shane came in, she smiled at her friend.