An Unexpected Guest.

Tina sat on a stool the doors to her studio wide open, her back to the doors, she was silently painting, listening to the sounds of nature and her garden filling her mind as she sat and painted. Her mind had been racing since 5am, after four days of being very ill she was starting to feel a little normal and she had chosen to try and paint and was now lost in the activity. Her hands were moving slowly as she painted a view from Yellowstone, she was putting details into this piece.

A car pulled up into the drive and Tina frowned when she heard it, checking her watch she could see it was now mid morning. She put her paint brush down and walked out. shocked when she saw Jodi Learner getting out of the ar.

"Is Bette here?" Jodi asked,

"Yes but is she expecting you?" Tina asked wiping her hands down her cargo pants.

"No but she's not answering my texts, calls or emails and I need to speak with her."

Tina shook her head.

The door to the house opened and Bette walked out, looking stunning as always, wearing a shirt tucked into dress pants. She slipped her hands into her pockets and looked at Jodi,

"Why are you here?" Bette asked,

"You are not answering my calls, texts and emails." Jodi looked at Bette, taking in Bette's wedding ring, also seeing how relaxed she looked.

"You've been contacting me via my personal channels. James has already advised you that we cannot offer you a personal show,"

"We?" Jodi asked,

Tina turned and walked away knowing that this was business, she went back into her studio and went back to painting.

"Me, the gallery." Bette said.

"Your wife has nothing to do with this?" Jodi asked, not noticing that Tina had left the conversation.

"Why would Tina have anything to do with my galleries?" Bette asked, cocking her head to one side.

"You gave her a solo show."

"I gave Tina a solo show before I married her, even before I started dating her."

"I want a solo show," Jodi demanded.

Bette laughed.

"You might want one but my galley will not be offering you one."

"Is it because we are ex's?"

"No, its because I am no offering you a solo show."

"She's got something to do with it," Jodi pointed at where Tina had been stood and turned and noticed she wasn't there.

"You should pay attention a little. Tina hasn't been there for a while. She's painting. Tina has nothing to do with it. She doesn't care about my gallery and the business I do. Her art is her business. I am not offering you a solo show."

"You owe me."

"How?" Bette said slowly

"You owe me a show, you said when we were together..." Jodi was losing her train of thought.

"I don't owe you anything. You cheated on me, left me and just because you're struggling to get a show. I know four galleries have rejected you for solo shows."

"People still want to see my work,"

"Yes people do, but you don't draw enough people for a solo show. I can offer you a group show as James has pointed out but nothing more."

"You are a total and utter bitch you know that," Jodi was getting angry.

"Says the woman who got into my bed with another woman." Bette bit out. "You have no rights to me or to put pressure on me to give you anything. You broke my heart Jodi, you're still trying to use me five years after you screwed up."

"You're the biggest gallery owner in LA. I need a solo show. I need to get my career back up and running."

"Jodi take a group show. Get more footfall to see you art. You need to get people seeing your art again."

"You're not fucking listening to me are you? I want a fucking solo show. I'm too good to have a group show."

Bette looked at her former girlfriend and knew they were just going around in circles.

"I would like you to leave."

"Not until I get a show,"

"Either you leave or I call the police."

"What?"

"You're on private property. I've asked you to leave. I will call the police."

"You're not the same, you've changed."

"Yes for the better. now leave." Bette was getting angry now.

Jodi backed out. she got into the car and left. Bette shook her head, before heading into the studio. She smiled at Tina who had her music on and was painting. Bette walked up behind her wife and slipped her arms around her, Tina relaxed into her. as Bette put her head onto Tina's shoulder.

"I love you," Bette kissed Tina's neck

"I love you too, has she gone?"

"Yes,"

"Without a show?" Tina said softly

"Yes, how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay still a little weak, but I'm okay. do you like this,"

Bette took in the trees that Tina was painting.

"It's stunning." Bette whispered.

"Thank you," Tina loved to get praise from Bette for her art.

"Have you eaten yet?" Bette asked, rubbing her wife's stomach.

"Not yet,"

"Right, lets go to the planet for breakfast, get you out the of the house, see the girls."

"Any chance we can go to the art supplier too?" Tina turned her head to look at her wife. who grinned

"Yes, but food first, why don't you get changed and I'll meet you at the car. okay?"

"Sure." Tina put her paint brushes down before heading inside.