Chapter Forty-One

"Hey...." He said. She refused to look up at him. "Hey..." She said. "Why aren't you looking at me? I thought we cleared it all up last night?" He asked. She ran her fingers through her hair. "How do you feel about me? Because I sure hell know you don't love Kacey." She said. He knitted his eyebrows. "What?" He asked. "You don't love your fiance.You cheated on her. She's gonna have this whole parade with guns all pointed at me!" She said. "Okay calm down. I wouldn't let that happen." He said. She looked at him like he had 5 heads. "Are you even listening to me!? How could you let it all happen and be cool with it!? Your getting married in a few months!" She shouted. "I let it happen because I realised where my heart belongs. With my family and with you. The thought of you being so close yet so far got to me! That's why I didn't stop last night." He admitted. "Wow. You really are an ass.This is wrong." She said getting up and pacing back and forth. "What is? Us?" He asked holding her hand. "How could you change your mind about it all in the blink of an eye?" She asked. He pulled her closer. "Because I love you Laura. I can't control my feelings. So I'm going to express them." He said kissing her.

"So she just walked out?" Riker asked. "Yeah. I mean its not like I was gonna show Kacey and rub it in her face. Raura is confusing." She admitted sighing and sitting down. "Aww Dell. Relax. She'll come back." He told her. "Its not like that Riker! This isn't like me and you arguing over a game then making up 6 minutes later! Laura trusted me and told me not to medel in her relationship with Ross but I didn't listen." She sighed. He hugged her. "She's right. I should've tried to understand where she was coming from." She looked down. "I'm sure you guys will work it out. I know you were just trying to make them all happy." He said. She nodded and hugged back.

"Now I created problems for everyone." She said sniffing. "No don't cry. This will all blow over." He said. "Well first Laura and Kacey are gonna bump heads. I'm not even sure if Laura and Ross are gonna be together. She's one tough cookie." She said. "I know. We've known her since she was 16. She's pretty smart too." He said. "I know. I wish she'd just admit she loves Ross so they can be a family. A happy one too." She said. "But things don't always go how you want them to." He said. "Well I hope Kacey doesn't-" She was cut off from behind. "Doesn't what?" Kacey asked. They froze. 'Oh fuck.' They thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Vote!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥