Chapter Ten

They glared at one another. "Okay so it's decided that no one will insult one another haven't we?" Rydel asked. "I know I won't. I don't know about him though." She said. "I can so handle not insulting anyone. Unlike her, I'm nice." He said. "Unlike him, I actually care." She said. "Of course. Play the good cop." He mumbled. "What was that?" She asked. "Oh nothing important." He said fake smiling. Zoey walked in. "Baby. What happened!?" She asked running over to him. "Oh he thought it would be fun to drive his fist through a wall." She rolled her eyes. "Ross? Can we play now!?" Katie asked. He nodded. "Sure." He said getting up and walking over to her. "Uh... Who's the little lady?" She asked.

"My daughter." Laura replied looking at her with an icy glare. "Well. I'm gonna get something. Do you guys want something?" Rydel asked. "No. I'm good." They both replied. She nodded and left. "You must be Laura." She said. "What gave it away? My name tag?" She asked. "Well yeah but also I seen your picture. Your the ex from 4 years ago." She said. "Yes. Yes I am." She said. "Did you honestly think that you can suddenly come back and he would be yours again?" She asked. "Let me tell you something." She said getting up to face her. "You and Ross can keep each other. It's been 4 years boo. That means your time is up. Soon he'll have a new girl. I don't want him back." She said. "Please. I'm international super model Kacey Miller. Why would he replace me? I mean you with me makes sense but anyone else it doesn't." She said. "I don't care. Miss I.S.M I promise you that this will not last". She said. "If you or that brat comes between us, I swear, I'll make your lives a living hell." She threatened. "Your wasting your breath. If only I cared." She said and started towards the kitchen. "You didn't come back to tell him?" She suddenly asked stopping her. "Tell him what?" She asked. "That the little lady is his lady?"She smirked. "Tell him and see what happens." She said. "Its a shame isn't it?" She asked.

"What is?" She asked. "How little lady went 4 years without a father. She's pretty smart. But not smart enough to realize her dad has become her new best friend." She laughed. She turned towards her. "If you say anything, I will-" He walked in then. Zoey smiled innocently. He glared at her. "Baby? Can we go somewhere else tonight?" She asked running her hands all over his chest. Laura rolled her eyes. "I'm having a slumber party with Katie." He said. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She looked down. "It can be the 3 of us." She said smirking. Laura looked up quickly. "Not without my approval that is." She said. "Well." She said. "Please Rossy..." She said then kissed him. She never felt more sick than the first time she caught them. "If you two are done now, Katie is coming with me. We are leaving." She said. They pulled away. He looked at her. "What do you mean?" He asked. "It means we have to fly home. I have to start on next month's designs. Some of us have things to do unlike others." She spit. "You know she's a bit snappy isn't she?" She asked. She glared at her. "She's still upset over what happened years ago." He said. "No. I'm actually happy were not together. I have someone who actually loves and cares about me. I know he won't cheat on me especially with a slut like her." She snapped and walked away. They looked at each other and followed her.

"Mommy? What's wrong?"She asked. They were on the way to L.A. "Hm?" She asked. "You seem really quiet." She pointed out. "Katie.... I love you. If anyone tells you anything different, don't believe them." She told her. "Of course mommy." She said. She smiled. "Mommy?" She called. She kissed her forehead and looked at her. "Yes?" She asked. "Now will you tell me about daddy?" She asked. She nodded. "Of course sweetie." She said. She smiled and got comfortable. "I was 16." She said. "When you met him?" She asked. "Yes. We were always talking. One day, he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend. I liked him so I said yes. We were together for four years." She smiled thinking back to it. "He always made me feel like I'm the only one that mattered. I was his number one girl." She said. She smiled looking at her mom. "Then 4 years ago, around 6 months ago, I found out something. He no longer wanted me. He didn't love me anymore. He didn't need me." She said now tears starting for prick her eyes. "It's okay." She reassured her. "He threw what we had away for a..." She trailed off. "I found out I was pregnant with you 2 months later. You were 3 months when I found out. I decided to take care of you by myself. I became a designer and cut out from the public for 3 years. I wanted to protect you as much as I can." She told her. "Your did a good job." She told her. She smiled and hugged her. "Thanks." She said. "How was he like?" She asked. "He light up a room everytime he walked in. Just like you." She said smiling at her. She smiled back. "He love music like you do. You two have this weird connection. It's unbelievable." She said. "Thanks mom." She said. She smiled and hugged her tighter. 'I will not lose my little girl. At any cost.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Comment and Vote!!!!!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥