Chapter Forty-Four

"You did what!?" He asked her. "I got back together with Bradley." She smiled. "How could you do that!?" He asked. "You should be happy for me!" She said. "Happy!? How am I supposed to be happy if you practically threw away what we had and what we shared!?" He asked. "Don't yell at me! I was only making making this right." She said. "You can't do that! Its already wrong! How could you do this to me!? After last night and earlier today!?" He asked. "I already am in the wrong. I can't do that to Kacey. I already did it to her but its pay back but now thinking to it, I'm disgusted in myself. I shouldn't have done that. Trust me, last night was amazing but I can't do that." She said. "Do you hear yourself!? How the hell do you feel!? Are you into me or not because as soon as I walk through those doors, I'm going to go marry Kacey. There's no going back." He said. "If you love her then I say go for it." She said. He peered into her face. He knew how to read her better than anyone. "Your lying." He said. She walked away from him.

"Get back here!" He said walking after her. "Why are you lying to me!? I know you feel the same way about me that I feel about you! Why did you suddenly throw yourself back into a relationship with Bradley?!" He asked. "Because I love him!" She said. "Really!? Then last night wouldn't have happened!" He said. "Okay enough about that will you!? God. Look I want to be happy and I want you to be happy also." She said. "If that's what you want, then you would be with me!" He said. "Stop bitching and go be with that super model of yours! Obviously you didn't want me then and you certainly don't want me now! Go marry the bitch and leave me the hell alone!" She shouted at him. "Why are you being so mean all of a sudden!?  If you want that to happen then I want my daughter." He said. "No! I will never give you Katie! Not even if we both had a custody over her! She's mine! Mine!" She shouted. He was not mad but upset. She just lovey lovey with him and suddenly she's giving him the cold shoulder. "Tell me your reason!" He said. "No! Just go!" She yelled. "Mommy? Daddy? What's wrong?" Katie asked stepping inside with her little backpack hanging off her shoulder. "Katie say goodbye to daddy." She said walking over to her. "What? For what?" She asked.

"No. Don't say bye to me. I'm going to be there for you as long as I shall live." He said. "No. No your not." She said. This shocked both parents. "What?" She asked. "Katie..." He started. "No. Its okay. It might be because I'm young but I know a lot of stuff. Dad, I love you and nothing will change that. But you haven't been there for me lately and as for you mom, I love you too. You did everything since I was born. Both of you are selfish but your doing it for a reason." She said. They looked at her stunned. "Mom got back with Brad because dad, she's trying to hide all the feelings she has grown for you. Its really noticeable." She said. You'd think you were talking to an adult if you spoke with this little girl. "Katie stop talking." He mother demanded. "Why? I'm tired of the constant fighting. What kind of parents don't consider how their children are feeling about situations huh!?" She asked throwing her bookbag down. "Katie!!" She shouted. "No its okay. I'll be that little angel and do as you please." She said. "Katie... I didn't me-" She cut her off. "Its okay mom. And dad...." She said looking at him.

"You might have Kacey but your future is right in front of you." She said looking at her mom who looked behind her. "You guys used to be the couple. What happened? Dad went off with that woman and mom took care of me. Raised me to be who I am today. You promised you'd be there today and what happened?!" She asked. He touched his head. "Oh. Shoot. I'm so sorry. Kacey came back and I was talking t-" She cut him off. "Yeah. Mom this. Kacey that. I don't care. How about me? Mom doesn't want to see you... Now neither do I." And with that the little girl dashed away in tears. 'Selfish. Selfish.' "KATIE!!!" They shouted after her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out 'Best Mistake' by @tanvin123. It's amazing! Comment and Vote!!!!!!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥