Chapter Twenty-Six

"Look its okay." He said. She gulped. "We're acting like childern. It's time to act like adults and talk about our differences." She said. He laughed. "Look at you." He said. "Shut up." She said. He nodded and drank some juice. "Look I'm sorry about cheating on our anniversary. I made a promise and I failed to make that promise." He said. She looked down as tears started to well up in her eyes. "What's wrong?" He asked as he pulled her face up to look at him. "Nothing. It's just…No forget it." She said and picked up her plate. "You can talk to me." He said. She looked at him. "I know why you hate me now. Its because I was a complete jerk. I only thought about myself. I made you raise Katie all by yourself with another man standing as her father. You have every right to do so because I'd hate me too." He said. She smiled slightly knowing he was right. "Glad it came through." She said. "Well I'm gonna go get dressed. See you later." She said and walked away.

"Okay. Relax and no one yells today." Theresa said. They nodded. "We kinda spent the night together." He said turning away. "So today I wanna know what it is that you can't stand about one another." She said. They looked at one another. There came a knock at the door. "Come in." She instructed. The little girl walked in. "Hi." She smiled at her. "Hi mommy. Hi daddy." She said as she sat between the two. She took both their hands and played with them. "So Laura you go first." She said. "He let me do this alone. He promised that he would always be here by my side. Everyday I had to lie to myself. I always put on a smile so no one would question me. We made a promise that we'd do this. Together. He ruined all of that in thevblink of an eye. What I can't stand is how he manages to rub it all in my face." She said. Katie comforted her. She smiled looking at her. "Mr.Lynch?" She said. He looked at her. "I can't stand how she seems to make everything look easy. The secrets. She holds alot of them and most of them involve me. I can't stand the fact that she can't completely be honest with me." He said calmly. She took a few more notes. "It seems like you two are the type to be put in a room together." She said. "Why? They tried that and it ended up with me almost punching her and breaking a few fingers." He said. 'Anger management issues on both sides.' "Well. Here's what I'm suggesting. You two are going to live together. With Katie here." She said. "What!?" They ask. "No fighting. Just talking. I need to see what gets your ball rolling. I know its not a kick. So. You will see me in one month of living together." She said.

"I can't do that. I have a girlfriend". He said. "You also have a family. Does your girlfriend know that you have a family?" She asked. "No/Yes." They answer. "Yes. She knows." The girls say. He looks at them confused. "How? I didn't tell her." He said. "We kinda bumped heads today at breakfast. And I have come to hate her." She told him while smiling innocently. "Katie…" Her mom started. "Sorry". She said. "She knew somehow. I don't know." She said. "Well. You 3 are going to live as a family. No excuses. No fighting. When you feel like fighting what do you do?" She asked. They look down. "Walk away." They answer. "Exactly. We are done for today and work on sides you like about one another."  She said. "I like that she's artistic." He said. "I like that he's optimistic". She said. "See. There you go. Before you know, you'll understand one another." She smiled. "But they do understand each other. Watch. Mom, when dad gets tired what does he do?" She asked. "He starts cracking jokes that crack me up just so I laugh." She said. "Dad, why does mom sit on the isle side on the plane?" She asked. "Because she has this phobia where being near windows makes her want to jump out and since she doesn't she starts sinking to the ground in order to survive." He answered looking directly at her. "See." She said. "A month. See what happens". She said and walked out. They nodded. She took their hands. "Come on. Lets go home." She said. They followed. 'One step closer.'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How was that my people? Check out 'It's happening so fast.' A new Raura story! Tell me what you think!! Comment and Vote!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥