Chapter Twelve

"Try this." She said. "Mm. That's good." She smiled. "Mom? Why are you preparing food?" She asked. "R5 is coming over after the concert tonight." She smiled. "Really? All of them!?" She asked. "Yes." She answered. "Hey. There is a letter from auntie Rydel and something else on the table over there." She told her. "Thank you." She said and quickly ran over to the table. She looked through the mail. She had a big smile on her face as soon as she seen the results. She opened it quickly. Her smile faltered. 'He's not my dad. But I- he-' She went into shock. "Katie? What is it?" She asked her. "Uh…nothing important." She said wrinkling it up. She threw it out and marched away. "Katie?" Her mom called her. She just kept going.

"Only an hour." Rocky said. "R5! R5! R5!" The crowd beamed. "I think we should get this show started soon." Rocky said. "We will as soon as we get our instruments and sound on point." Riker said tuning his bass. "I honestly think this is going to awesome. We get to see mom." Rydel smiled. "Yes. I can't wait to see mom." Ross smiled. If anything mattered to him most, its his mom.She's practically the only person he listens to. If his mom told him that he was being selfish and stupid, he'd try his best to not come off that way. He'd change everything about himself to make her happy. But inside was just a broken-hearted kid. He didn't want things to end like they did. He promised himself that he'd find her and fix everything between them. How can he if she hates him? Does she really mean it? "Ross!!!" They screamed in his face. "Yeah?" He asked. "Show time." Ratliff smiled. "Alright. Wardorbe then stage in 30." Mark told his children. "See you." They all headed in different directions.

"That was then when Laura felt she could do anything as long as Ross was right by her side." Rydel smiled. Its like she knew their love story. Laura looked down. "So Ross and mommy used to be a thing?" She asked looking at everyone. She avoided eye contact. "Yes. They were the best of friends." Rydel covered up after getting a slight glare from Laura. "Well now its just Bradley. He's cute." She winked. Laura blushed. "So what happened to that Lynch?" She asked. "Mm. Laura this cake is amazing!" Rocky smiled. "I brought it from the bakery." She said. "I know. That's why its amazing." He said like it was the most obvious thing ever. She stepped on his foot under the table. "Yeah Ow!" He cried. She smiled as everyone laughed. "Hey? Where's Ross?" She asked. "He's back home. He was feeling tired so he stayed back." Rydel said rolling her eyes. "Too tired to eat?" She asked. "Yeah." She said. "This is amazing." Ellington said taking a bite of her nicely crafted mashed potatoes. "Thank you." She smiled. They just had side conversations. Laura remembered the first time she had dinner with the Lynch. She smiled looking at them.

"Hey!" Ross said as he walked out. She took out the last garbage back and threw it out. "Hi." She said lowly. "Listen. I'm sorry about what happened at the VMA's." He apologised. "Thank you." She said and started towards her house. "Wait." He said walking over. "What?" She asked. "Do you know what's wrong with Katie?" He asked. "No. She hasn't talk to me about it."She said walking away. He followed her. This would be the first that she isn't trying to shove her foot down his throat. He apologised and actually meant it. She wasn't gonna bitch and accepted it. She had to anyway. For Katie. I mean, poor girl found her dad and now is being forced to not know he's her dad. But everytime she's near him makes her want to throw up. "Why didn't you come to dinner?" She asked avoiding his gaze."Why would I? You obvisiously hate me. Why go somewhere I'm not welcome?" He asked. "Katie wanted you here." She said. He stopped. "Night." She said. "Night." He said. She quickly walked into her house and closed the door. He sighed and walked back to his house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for the 1.4K reads!! You guys are awesome!! Thanks guys soo much:)Comment and Vote!!!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥