Chapter Seventeen

"My brother made a baby? That is living?!" She asked taking in the news. "Please don't tell anyone. Please." She said. "I won't. I promise." She said. "Thank you." She smiled. "So her calling us aunt's and uncles was because she found that connection." She said. "Yes. She's smarter than I thought. The other day I received a letter which were results to a DNA test. She would've found out but I put the fake results in a envelope and threw out the real ones." She said looking down. "Why would you do that?" She asked. "Because she found him! I can't be like he's your father and I hate his fucking guts!" She told her. "Now he took something from me. Something important." She said breaking down. "No. Don't cry. Just talk to him." She told her. "No! What happened when I tried to do that!?" She asked. "Okay. I understand." She said. "Please don't say anything. I have to go to the hospital today and I'll be back later so cover for me." She said. "But you promised my mom that we'd-" She cuts her off. "I know. Please. Just for a little bit." She said putting on her jacket. "Laur..." She started. "Please." She said. "Okay". She nodded. She smiled and hugged her.

"Yay! Ross this is so fun!" She laughed as he pushed her on the swing. "Okay. To go higher, kick your feet out when you go up." He instructed. She does so. "Like this?" She asked. "Yeah. Just like that." He smiled. "Go on that swing." She told him. He chuckled and did so. "So how are you and mommy doing?" She asked as she swung on the swing. He did the same. "What do you mean?" He asked. "Are you guys friends again?" She asked. "Uh...Its...... complicated." He said. "What does that mean?" She asked. He sighed. "Can I tell you a secret?" He asked. "Sure. I won't tell anyone." She smiled. "I like mommy. I wanna repair the damages but I don't know how." He told her. "I know how." She smiled. "How?" He asked. "By telling mommy how you feel, she'll tell how she feels also." She smiled. "I wish it was that easy but mommy hates me." He told her. "Why would she hate you daddy?" She asked slipping of the tongue. "What did you just call me?" He asked. "Nothing. So wanna get ice cream?" She asked. "Sure." He smiled getting off the swing and taking her off hers in mid air causing her to giggle. "Your funny." She said touching his face and playing with it. He laughed. Brought him back to the time when Laura did the same thing. They ran after the ice cream truck. "Wait up!" He screamed. She chuckled.

"Then Brad had to go back to the store and get a whole new pack. His face was funny. It looked like this." She said recreating his face. He laughed. "You know? I kind of wanted to show you something." He said reaching into his pocket. He took out a necklace. She smiled. "Do you know what this is?" He asked her. "Yes. Its a locket. I always wanted one." She said beaming. He chuckled. "Well..Now you have one." He said putting it around her neck. "Thanks dad." She said. He chuckled. "I'm not your dad." He said kindly so he didn't hurt her feelings. "I know. But why do I feel that y-" She was cut off by a squeal. Not any squeal, Kacey. She rolled her eyes. "Hey baby!" She smiled kissing his cheek. She scruntched up her face. She looked at Katie. "Oh." She said. She rolled her eyes. "Just like your mom." She said.

"You irk me." She said to the little girl. "And? Your more than welcome to leave. You crashed our fun day." She pointing to him at the slushie vendor. "He's my boyfriend. I can see him whenever I want." She said. She crossed her arms. "He's my friend.We can hang out whenever we want. " She said. "How old are you?" She asked. "Its all over papers. You should know by now." She said. "There's alot you know but you just don't know the most important thing. Cross me and I'll make sure to make mommy pay." She smirked. "Cross you? Why if your already dead. I don't care. Mommy is the best." She said. "Your four." She said. "Common sense and your 38 so?" She said. She inhaled. "Rude just like your mom.I'm 23 Kathy." She said. "Your old." She smiled innocently. "You little-" He walked over. "Raspberry for my woman and strawberry for my lady." He said kissing her cheek. She started to cry. His eyes widened. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"She...she...said...she'll hurt mommy." She cried hugging his legs. He picked her up. "Kacey!? Why would you say that!?" He asked her. She was gonna answer but she cried louder. "Okay okay. Sh...Its gonna be okay." He said. She hugged him and smirked at Kacey. "No one is gonna do anything to anyone. I'm sure she was joking right Kacey?" He asked giving her a slight glare. She forced a smile. "Right." She said through her teeth. He smiled and looked at her as she wiped her fake tears. "You promise?" She asked. "Promise." He said kissing her cheek and hugging her again. Kacey's eye started to twitch.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katie's got her side also;) What's up with Laura!? Comment and Vote!!!!
~Ash♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥