Noah Beck, why does everyone make fun of your neck?

Y/n's pov

"Oh my gowd, no, he did not take me to one of these fine-ass resorts... I'mmmmaa see a Froot Loops bird," I say as I walk into the hotel. "Didn't realize we were so fancy and shit."

"It's just a hotel," Nori says. "Maybe it just looks extra big because you're so small."

"Shut up Nori before I snap your long-ass legs in half," Korai says. "We'll see who's short then."

"Yeah Nori, she'll break your Nico Nico kneecaps," I laugh. "Then how are you gonna block then?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she says, dropping to her knees. "I love the underdeveloped folk, I promise that I do. I respect them, I really do."

"Nori get up, you look ridiculous," Hoshi laughs.

"This is not how the top team in Myagi is supposed to act," Hana says.

"We're gonna be the top team in Japan," Nori says. "I just know it. We're gonna win nationals."

"Don't get too ahead of yourselves," coach says. "We could lose in the first round."

"Aren't you supposed to be the optimistic one?" Hoshi asks.

"I'm the sensible one," she says. "If you need to get pumped up, go talk to one of the three stooges."

"Is she talking about us?" Nori asks.

"Yes, yes she is," I nod my head. "The baddest bitched on the team isn't that right Kaori."

"I guess," she rolls her eyes. "So we've all decided that we're winning right?"

"Well of course we are," I say. "I'm not leaving without coming in first, I'll move into the gym."

"Same here," Nori says. "I'm gonna block out so many spikes, their gonna leave here crying."

"Nobody is going to get a service ace on my watch," Kaori says. "No one, I'll dig every last ball till I die."

"Those three are not saying in a room together," coach says. "We don't need them up all night conspiring."

"We are not conspiring," I say. "Just... brainstorming, y'know?"

"What's wrong with making a game plan?" Nori asks. "It's responsible isn't it?"

"Yeah what's wrong with wanting to make our opponents cry all the way back to their home?" Kaori asks. "There's no harm in that."

"Precisely," I say. "Were not doing anything."

"No sneaking out to go to each other's rooms at night, got it?" coach asks.

"That's fine," I say. "Technically one am isn't night-"

"Or early morning," she adds. "And that's final."

"Busted," Nori mutters

"I hate this town," Kaori says. "I'm moving."

They are sad, but I am not because I have a mega brain. Never did she say I couldn't leave the hotel and go somewhere else.

"Hey is that a bathhouse beside us?" Hana asks, peeking out the window.

"Kinda, but it's more of a Ryokan," I say.

"How do you know?" she asks.

"Uh... I grew up here," I say.

"Oh, cool," she nods her head.

You fool, that's where my personal stick bug and his team. So you better believe I'll be going over there multiple times, no matter what Kei says.

"Okay get to your rooms, Y/n you're going with the captains," coach says. "And you will listen to them."

Jokes on them, they'll be happy if I leave them alone for a few hours. You fool the loves would absolutely love for me to go, in fact, I'm sure they'll grove me some spending money.

"Of course coach, no I'll be off," I say. "I need a power nap."

"Mhm," she nods her head. "You do that."

Point one Y/n.

Hee hee, if only the rest of you knew what's getting ready. Be scared.

-Crouton