Haru or Roxanne?

Y/n's pov

"I thought you were just gonna go to Walmart," I say looking at the clothes.

"Walmart doesn't really fit the dress code," he says. "It's just like cocktail casual."

"Is cocktail casual ever a thing?" I ask. "It sounds made up."

"Well it makes sense," he says. "Now go shower and get ready."

"What restaurant are we going to?" I ask.

"Just that one we passed on the way here," he says. "I forget the name, you'll see it when we get there."

"Yeah, alright," I say.

"I'll go and wait in my car, to give you some privacy," he says. "Sounds good?"

"Uh, yeah that's fine," I say. "Thanks for the clothes I guess."

"Yeah doesn't worry about it," he laughs. "Don't take too long, I'm not too patient."

"Okay," I say. "I'll be fast, don't worry."

"I'll be waiting," he says.

-

"You look nice," he says.

"Yeah thanks," I say putting my seat belt on. "You coulda just got me some button-up pants or something."

"They didn't have any," he shrugs. "You don't like it?"

"No, it's nice," I say. "Thank... a lot."

"And we're here," he says. "See, it's not too far from the hotel."

"I didn't even see it," I say. "I must be blind or something."

"It's easy to miss," he says. "You were probably just distracted."

"Maybe," I say getting out of the car. "Look you can see the stars."

"You like the stars?" he asks.

"Not really, I'm neutral about them," I say still looking up. "But some people like them I guess."

"I never understood the obsession some people have with them," he says. "So fixated on little specs in the sky."

"Yeah, but everybody likes their own things," I say. "And stars are a normal thing to fixate on."

"I guess so," he says. "Now come on, we don't wanna be late."

"Yeah, I'm coming," I say trailing behind him into the restaurant.

-

"You see, isn't this better than eating in the hotel room?" he asks.

"Yeah, things taste better when they aren't being eaten out of a styrofoam container," I say. "Taste good, kinda like a home-cooked meal."

"Did you use to eat this at home?" he asks.

"No, we usually stuck to chicken nuggets, and instant ramen," I say. "But it's all about the sentiment I guess."

"That's all Waktoshi gave you?" he asks.

"What?" I ask looking up. "Sorry, what did you say I wasn't paying attention."

"That's all your brother gave you?" he asks. "Instant food?"

"Oh yeah," I nod my head. "I was just kinda lazy about it, and neither of us can cook well."

"That makes sense I guess," he nods his head.

"So are you planning on going back to Tokyo soon?" I ask.

"Maybe, I don't know," he says. "What about you, planning on going to see your brother soon?"

"Actually yeah," I say. "I am, I talked to him already, I'll most likely be going back home soon."

"That's good," he says. "Did you two make up?"

"Yeah we made up, he knows where I am," I say. "He said that I can take my time, we're good now."

"Oh, when did you talk to him?" he asks.

"When you went to the store," I say. "We're good now, he'll probably swing by the hotel tomorrow even. Maybe you could meet him."

"That'd be cool," he says.

"Can you excuse me for a second?" I ask.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

"The bathroom," I motion my hand in the direction. "I forgot to use it before I left."

"How forgetful," he tilts his head.

"Yup, but that's just me," I smile. "I'll be back."

"Okay then," he says. "I'll see you."

And when I got to that bathroom, I tried something that I probably should've tries days ago. I climbed out of the window to leave, maybe not the wises choice, I didn't know where I was going, not one bit. The one thing I knew was that I never said my brother's name, I called him Brian. I should've' seen this a mile away if I really think about it.

Thinking back now, it would've been better to take the turn into the restaurant's kitchen. But it was already too late if the lights behind me didn't give it away.

"I thought you said you would be right back," Haru says.

"I feel sick," I say. "I needed air."

"Get in the car Becca," he says.

"No," I say. "I want to walk."

"I said get in the car," he repeats. "Right now."

"My brothers going to the hotel in the morning," I say. "He's gonna know that-"

"You and I both know that you and your brother didn't makeup," he says. "You were arguing with him this morning, now get in the car."

"We left together," I say. "They're gonna know."

"No no no, you were very persistent about not being seen together," he says. "So just get in the car."

"I won't say anything," I say.

"Well of course, because I didn't break any laws," he says. "Get in the car, I'm not very patient."

"Haru," I say. "Please."

"Get in the damm car Y/n, don't make this hard," he says. "I won't do anything, I just want to talk."

"How did you know?" I ask.

"My patience is running thin, so get in the fucking car," he says. "Were in the middle of nowhere, get in."

"Okay," I breathe out reaching for the handle.

What do you think is gonna happen now? Because I have no clue.

-Crouton