One of my cats is a republican

Y/n's pov

"Go away," I say. "Please."

"There, do what you need to do," Wakatoshi says. "Just fix her."

"What do you mean fix her?" Kei asks.

"I don't know, talk to her of something," he says before closing the door.

"Uh, I bright your cat," he says sitting on the end of my bed.

*meow*

"Glad to know she's not dead," I say. "Thanks, you can go home and sleep now, it's pretty early."

"Why are you smoking?" he asks. "Where did you even get those?"

"I don't know, they just appeared," I say putting it out. "Do you want one?"

"No, I don't want one," he says. "I want to know where you were."

"Well first I went to Toru's then I went to the hotel, but you showed up so then I had to go to another hotel," I say. "Then I went for a jog through a field, and now I'm here. happy?"

"Jog from where?" he asks.

"To Sendai park and then home," I say. "But it's none of your business."

"You are my business," he says. "And when you just up and leave for over a month you shouldn't be surprised that I want to know where you were."

"Well, I'm back now," I say. "So it doesn't matter."

"Yes it does," he says. "Just tell me why you were arguing with your brother, we can fix it."

"I learned a lot of things while I was gone," I say. "Do you want to know what?"

"Yes, fine," he says. "Just tell me."

"Technically everybody can float, eventually," I say. "And you can't fix things that are broken the same way that you can't break them anymore. Also, I can't swim that well."

"What does that have to do with anything?" he asks.

"It doesn't," I shrug. "But it's what I learned."

"And who was that guy you were with?" he asks.

"Don't know," I shrug. "But he's gone now."

"Did you..." he pause. "Did you do anything with him?"

"No I didn't sleep with him, or do anything with him," I say. "I would never, we just hung out and he drove me places."

"Good," he sighs.

"There, now that you're all caught up, you can go home," I smile.

"I'm not going home," he says. "Do you realize how worried everybody was about you? What we were thinking while you were just going, leaving us all on edge?"

"If you don't like the way i'm acting, then just break up with me," I say. "I kinda deserve it after the stunt I pulled."

"I'm not breaking up with you," he says. "And I'm not mad at you either, I was just worried. Why would you run away?"

"I don't know," I say. "I just wanted to know what it felt like not to be sheltered and stuff."

"And how was it?" he asks.

"It was completely and utterly terrifying," I smile. "But I don't regret it one bit."

"And why are you being so rude to everybody?" he asks. "It's not like you at all."

"Because I wanted to make Wakatoshi mad," I say. "I just want him to know how it felt when he was talking to me like I was nothing."

"He doesn't think that you're nothing," he says. "He loves you, and I love you too."

"Fine, then I won't be a bitch to him anymore," I say sliding under the covers. "I'm done having my rebellious faze, it was fun while it lasted."

"Good," he says laying down beside me.

"You don't have to stay here," I say. "Just go home."

"I'm not leaving," he says. "I don't want you to do anything stupid."

"I won't do anything," I say. "I'm not a kid anymore."

"I don't care," he says. "I missed you then, so I'm not going to leave."

"You're so stupid," I say rolling over. "And don't touch me, you're hands are cold."

"Fine," he says. "Just go to sleep."

"Yeah, I am," I say. "And there nothing wrong, so you don't have to stay here."

Sometimes the easiest thing to do is just pretend that things are back to normal, and maybe eventually they will be.

Guys, Y/n is going to be bitchy, she spent the last month with some sketchy guy, and every day she was fighting with her brother over the phone. On top of that, she spent hours in Haru's car not really knowing what was going to happen to her. Expecting her to return to her normal self after all that is dumb, and unrealistic.

-Crouton