I'm so close to committing a crime against Catholics

Y/n's pov

"What are you doing?" Kei asks.

"I'm trying on your clothes," I say digging through a box. "What's with all the girl clothes, not saying that they have a gender or whatever. Were you a girl before, or did you just like to wear them, no judgment though."

"I wasn't a girl," he says. "And those aren't my clothes."

"Whos are they?" I ask. "Your mom's old clothes?"

"No, they're from relatives a while ago," he says. "They wanted my mom to have a daughter, and they always sent this crap."

"Chile... These can fit me, how far ahead were they planning?" I ask. "Are they dumb?"

"Nope, they never stopped sending them even after I was born," he says. "They're just crazy, the only normal ones are my mom and my aunt."

"Skirts, upon skirts upon skirts," I say. "Hey, you think this would look nice?"

"You don't even like skirts," he says.

"Yeah, but what do you think?" I ask. "Very 'I live in a trailer park but I'm also into fashion, but I also have a house in Calabasas' don't you think?"

"That doesn't even make any sense," he says.

"I'm trying this shit on," I say pulling them over my shorts. "Nice right?"

"You look stupid," he says.

"Pretend the shorts aren't poking out from the bottom," I say. "Use your imagination."

"It's not the shorts, you just look stupid in general," he says.

"It's the shorts," I say pulling them down, tossing them off somewhere. "What about now, nice right?"

"It's fine I guess," he says. "It's weird to see you in a skirt."

"It's not weird, I legit always wear them for school," I say. "Don't even play my guy."

"It's different," he says. "Not the same as your uniform."

"Better right?" I ask.

"I thought that you didn't like them?" he asks.

"Well maybe I do now, you like it?" I ask. "Am I or am I not the baddest bitch you've ever seen?"

"Not really," he laughs.

"I feel betrayed," I say plopping down on his bed. "I like the skirt, just tell me that it's nice, just pretend."

"I'm kidding, it's nice," he says. "Really, you should wear them more often."

"Okay Kei, you don't need to push it that much," I say. "You'll never catch me outside of school with a skirt on."

"I actually like it," he says. "It'd just short, don't you think?"

"No it's not short, are you ill?" I ask. "What are you distracted?"

"Shut up," he mutters. "I'm not distracted, it's just a skirt."

"Honestly, knowing myself I would most definitely accidentally flash someone," I say. "But it's nice to know that you have a thing for short skirts."

"I do not have a thing for anything, let alone skirts," he scoffs.

"No, no," I say. "Not just skirts, short skirts the kind that when you sit down almost the entirety of the back of your thighs are pressed onto the chair, the ones you can't sweep underneath your ass. But your ass is still covered."

"I don't," he says. "And you're talking about a mini skirt."

That basically confirms it.

"Then why do you know the scientific terms?" I ask. "That really sus Kei."

"It's not sus," he rolls his eyes. "It's just common sense."

"If you like skirts, then I'll wear them more often," I say. "Sounds good?"

"No, don't wear something because I like it," he says. "You're not a loser."

"Boo," I roll over to look at the ceiling. "You ever think about the stars?"

"No, do you?" he asks.

"Yup," I nod my head.

"Since when do you think about the stars?" he says moving over so he too can look at the ceiling.

"Just lately, I've been thinking bout 'em," I say. "But mist, fog and other stuff always cover them, don't you think?"

"Yeah I guess so," he says. "So you like stars?"

"No," I shake my head. "Not particularly."

"Then why the hell are we staring up at the ceiling like a couple of idiots?" he asks looking over to me. "This is stupid."

"I was just wondering why people like looking at the stars," I say. "It's boring, it's just random crap, and useless."

"What'd the stars ever do to you?" he asks. "You should like them, they give the skylight. And your dumbass is afraid of the dark."

"I am not," I hit him. "You are, I'm God."

"Don't hit me," he says. "I'll push you off the bed."

"I'll do whatever I want," I say. "Be quiet."

"I really will push you off," he says. "Then I'll blame it on the wind."

"Okay, I'm sorry," I sit up. "Do you forgive me?"

"No," he says. "I don't forgive you."

"Please, please please forgive me," I say. "I'm sorry, super sorry."

"I don't have to forgive you," he says.

"My life is over," I say falling back, this time on top of him just for dramatic effect. "I hope a gerbil just comes over and eats my toes or something."

"You're squishing me," he says. "Get off."

"Are you calling me fat?" I ask.

"No, I'm kidding," he sits up. "You aren't squishing me."

"That's it, I'm selling my soul to Harambee," I sigh.

"I forgive you, I'll always forgive you no matter what idiotic stunts you pull," he says. "And you're not fat, don't say stupid shit."

"You're a hoe," I say. "But I still like you."

"How gracious of you," he says.

"I get that a lot," I laugh.

"Yeah, I'm sure you do," he rolls his eyes. "Also, do you have the day off from school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why?" I ask. "You tryna rob build a bear or something?"

"No, I was just wondering," he says.

"Are we gonna go somewhere?" I ask. "Like on a date or something?"

"Ew, I'm not taking you on a date," he says. "Why would I do that?"

"A date where?" I ask. "Tell me where we're going, please. If you don't tell me I'll... I was gonna say that I'd chop off your hair, but I think you should grow it out a bit."

"No, I don't want long hair," he says.

"No just a little bit," I say. "Just so it curls a little bit more, you know what I mean?"

"Yeah whatever," he says. "Don't tell me what to do."

"Then tell me where you're taking me tomorrow," I say.

"A grocery store," he says.

"I love grocery stores," I say. "I love them, are you serious, you're taking m to a real grocery store."

"You aren't supposed to be happy about that," he says.

"Hey, well you like you should know that I like going there," I say. "It's your own fault."

"I'm not even taking you to a grocery store," he says.

"What a shame," I say. "You got me all excited for nothing."

"Sucks to be you then," he laughs.

Aw, look how happy they are together.

-Crouton