My religion teacher said that she has to make a conscious effort to talk...

...to the people of colour in here class😑

Y/n's pov

"Oh my god, you actually took me to a grocery store!" I exclaim. "An actual grocery store!"

"Stop yelling," he says. "Don't get so excited, it's just a grocery store."

"Wakatoshi never takes me because he claims that I go overboard," I say. "This is a privilege."

"Well last time you went, you did buy a whole bunch of shit," he says. "That's not happening this time."

"Why?" I ask. "It's not like I waste it all."

"We're only getting things that are on the list, nothing else," he says. "Alright?"

"Ew, why do we have a list?" I ask. "That's dumb, I don't want to have a list."

"And I don't care," he says. "We've gotta get a cart, do you wanna do it."

"Yes, yes I do," I say holding out my hand. "Can I have a coin please?"

"Oh, you don't have a coin?" he asks. "I guess you don't get to get the cart."

"Oh, you don't have a dick?" I ask. "I guess you don't get to fuck bitches."

"That makes no sense," he says. "Are you sick or something?"

"Just give me a coin, before I pickpocket you," I say. "And then tell the store staff that... that you called me ugly."

"I thought you didn't want to be a crybaby anymore," he says. "What happened to that?"

"I never said that I was going to cry," I say. "Just that I was going to cause a scene, nothing more nothing less."

"Fine, let's just get a cart," he says handing me a coin. "The smallest things excite you, it truly amazes me."

"Well, would you rather me be difficult?" I ask. "I could demand that you buy me whatever I want, like right now. And complain about everything."

"No," he sighs. "Don't need you complaining any more than you already do."

"Can I sit in the cart?" I ask.

"There's a weight limit," he says. "And before you start going off, it's like fifteen to forty pounds. You're not fat just not a literal baby."

Okay Kei, we see you trying to protect my mental health, well for now.

"Fine," I sigh. "Can we gt this?"

"Is it on the list?" he asks.

"No, but I've gotta get some food for Shit-ling," I say.

"Cats don't eat cosmic brownies," he says.

"My cat does, she'd built different," I say. "Don't disrespect her like that."

"Chocolate is toxic for cats, feed it to her if you want it dead," he says. "We're not getting it."

"What's on the list then?" I ask.

"Meat, sticky rice, some fruit and vegetables, some other stuff but I'm not reading you the whole thing," he says.

"Why do we need so much shit?" I ask.

"Because we need ingredients," he says. "And you've got like nothing at your place."

"I've got instant," I say. "And snacks, what more do I need?"

"Real food," he says.

"I can't cook," I say. "So this whole thing is a waste."

"That's what we're doing today, cooking," he says. "I'm gonna teach you how to make your own food."

"What? I don't need to learn how to cook," I say. "That's why I have you."

For now...

"Kuroo suggested it," he says. "Plus it's a good thing to know."

"Why are you being so nice?" I ask. "Or is this all a scheme so I'll bring you cute bento's at practice, then you can call them dumb but secretly be happy about them?"

"Actually it's because I know you try to cook in the middle of the night and then cry about your failures to your brothers and whatever," he says. "I just thought I'd try to spare you from the embarrassment."

"You got me there partner," I say. "Also who told you that?"

"Because you called me before during one of your cooking fails thinking I was Bokuto," he says. "Dumbass."

"Please erase that from your mind," I say. "Don't speak of it to anyone, be quiet."

"I'll stop bugging you if you can grab that soya sauce," he says.

"Bitch, I can't reach that," I say. "And you know that."

"Exactly," he smirks grabbing it.

"Yeah well, it's all fun and games until you bend over to grab something and you throw your back out," I say.

"I won't throw my damm back out by grabbing something from the bottom shelf," he rolls his eyes. "You're gonna throw out your back."

"I'll have you know that the only thing that I throwback is dat ass," I say. "Can I get an amen up in here?"

"Not in the store you won't," he says. "If you do I'll leave."

"That's why you're a virgin who can't drive," I say. "Bitch."

"I can drive, no legally but I can," he says. "And I'm sure you of all people know the other thing isn't true."

"I don't know," I shrug. "I couldn't even feel it."

"Yeah sure," he says.

"Like a tampon," I say. "Tampon Tsuki."

"Don't call me that," he says.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I ask. "Oh yeah, we're in a public space so nothing."

"I'll go to the front desk and tell them that I lost you in the training bra section, and they'll say it over the intercom," he says. "You'll have to walk over to the front and I'll tell them that you were wondering which brand of toilet paper would be best to stuff your bra with."

"Kei, what a lovely name," I say. "I don't have the urge to call you anything but that."

"Good," he says.

I do sad, y'all want happy, I do happy y'all hate me, pick a struggle smh.

-Crouton