Ushijima really has that nen

Y/n's pov

"Y/n," Wakatoshi says.

"Yeah," I say looking up from my laptop. "What's up?"

"I thought you were going to stay at Tsukishima's longer than you did," he says. "But you're back."

"I stayed at his house for like five days," I say. "I can go back if you want."

"No," he says. "You're not grounded anymore, you can go out with friends and stuff."

"I already saw them," I say. "At work and stuff."

"What are you doing on your laptop?" he asks. "Playing games? I can buy you ro-bux."

"I'm doing school work," I say. "Getting it done, just so it's not a last-minute kinda thing."

You can apologize for being a hoe, but for now, let's internalize the anger.

"But you always leave it for the last minute," he says. "I've never actually seen you do work."

"So what?" I ask. "The school year ends soon, and I don't want to be behind on anything."

"So you care about school now?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say. "What about it?"

"It's just highly peculiar to see you doing work," he says. "And putting school first."

"Well, you said that high school is not the time to mess around," I say. "I had like a year of fun, it's like perfect now. And I eventually want to get into a good university."

"University?" he asks. "What about volleyball, oh are you going to get a sports scholarship?"

"I'm not going to continue volleyball after high school," I say. "I wanna go to business school."

"Business school?" he asks. "You're quitting volleyball?"

"Well yeah," I say.

"Why? I thought you liked volleyball?" he asks.

"It's fun," I say. "But mom said that I could take over her company."

"Which one?" he asks. "Wait when did you talk to mother?"

"Oh yesterday," I say. "She called me, asked how I was doing and whatever."

"She asked you how you were doing?" he asks. "Really?"

Well really she just asked me if my rebellious phase was over yet, so of course, I said yes. Then she proceeded to go on about what makes a good businesswoman, and how a strong personality would work wonders in her field of work.

After she went on to say that if I wanted to take over the company there wouldn't be leniency and I'd have to get a degree. Frankly, I didn't think she'd actually want me to be in charge of anything, but something about being someone's boss is absolutely terrifying, fake it till ya make it I guess.

"Yeah," I nod my head. "She said that she wants me too, and I do too."

"It's hard to picture you being a businesswoman," he says.

"I can do it," I say. "It'll be fun."

"That doesn't sound like fun, working in an office," he says.

"I won't be working in an office all the time, you make it sound boring," I say. "It's not that boring, I'll have to make deals, and go on trips."

"What university do you want to go to?" he asks. "Tohoku University, Miyagi University, Sendai University, or maybe the University of Tokyo?"

"No," I shake my head. "I was thinking about UCLA, maybe Chapman, but I'm not really sure yet."

"Oh, we'll be back by then," he says. "We're only staying for two years, and moving back after you graduate."

"Well you're moving back," I say. "I'll stay in the states."

"Why are you staying in the states?" he asks. "I don't want to leave you there, I can't leave you there."

"I'll be eighteen," I say. "I can stay where I want, it'll be fine."

"What about your friends?" he asks. "I thought you didn't want to leave them."

"I can call them," I say.

"But that's not the same," he says. "You should go to a university in Japan."

Hmm Wakatoshi, where was this energy when I was saying that talking on the phone wasn't the same. Make it make sense.

"It's the same," I say.

Wakatoshi, you did this.

"It's not," he says.

"Where was this when I was freaking about moving halfway across the country, my only way to contact my friends would be a phone call, where was this?" I ask.

"I was being harsh," he says. "I don't want you to spend lots of time in the Us away from all your friends and family."

"Well Wakatoshi, not everything can go your way," I close my laptop. "Anyway, I'll be at work if you need anything."

"Y/n," he says.

"Don't worry about having any food ready for me," I smile. "I can take of that myself."

Kinda wanna just turn Y/n into a less harsh version of her mom in the future.

-Crouton