Dark Place

[Evan's POV]
A soft hand runs itself across my cheek and my eyes flutter open. A warmness fills my chest as I find Taissa's small head laying on me. I must have fallen asleep while we were resting. I smile at her and she presses her lips together, pushing them to one side of her face like she does. I loved her so freakin' much, I just didn't know how to explain.

"I'll go finish making supper if you get Tessa up from her nap?" She raises her eyebrows, tracing her index fingers over my chest.

"All depending what's for supper?" I joke, and she rolls her eyes laughing at me.

"Spaghetti?" She sits up, smoothing out her hair.

"No way!" I make a face and she continues to giggle at me. When she goes to get up I grab her, pulling her back down next to me and hugging her so she can't move. Her small frame can't even pull away when I hold her with one arm, so she relaxes.

"Dude, I need to make supper." She whines, squirming again. "Evan!" I realize she's she's actually getting frustrated, so I kiss her cheek before letting her go. She hits me lightly before running away to the kitchen? I stride to Tessa's room, a small jump of excitement in my step. I was in a really good mood.

"Tess?" I say softly as I enter the purple room. "It's soon time for supper." I say as I see her miniature body roll over. "See You're awake."

"Da Da" She giggles, half a hand in her mouth. I smile at her long tousled curled that she got from me as I scoop her out of her crib, holding her in my good arm. She then process to wipe spit from her hand all over my face.

"Ugh" I groan. "Don't do that." She just laughs at herself. I take us out into the hallway and turn to check on Quinton. "Soon time for supper bud" I call out as I near the corner to his room. He's sitting on the floor of his room, staring at a poster up on the wall. "Quinn?"

"What?" He says, eyes peering around frantically before he catches my gaze and settles. I notice his skin is paler than normal, and it wears dark circles under his eyes. I feel a worry in my stomach as I realize him swing the guy shoot me must have bothered him.

"Supper." I say softly, and he shakes his head. "Quinton supper" I say in a firm tone.

"I'm not hungry" He wails, furrowing his brows.

"Be at the table in ten." I say and I turn to leave. He grunts something else but I couldn't understand it.

I sigh, we were going to have to talk to him about it. Otherwise he could think himself into a dark place for a 5 year old to be.