Cooler

>again sorry for how inactive I've been<

*Special Edition*

[Quinton's POV]

I flash a smile at some people I barely knew as I push past them heading to the kitchen. Hoots and laughter swarming around me. This party was going to rock, it was only a half hour in and the house was full. My friend, Aaron, was having it while his parents were in Jamaica. Mom and Dad hadn't flinched when I told them it was a celebration for graduated this year, I knew they knew it was a party but they hadn't stopped me. I pull open the fridge, that was now stocked with cans and bottles of assorted alcohol. I hooked my finger around the top of a bottle of Budweiser, a smirk lingering on my cheeks. I had drank before, never getting completely drunk but tonight was going to be an exception. I would just spend the night here and lay around with a hangover tomorrow then go home.

"Quinn, my man." I hear, spinning around to meet a smug looking buzz cut junior. I meet his high five, chuckling as he eyes the beer.

"Todd, you made it." He liked to hang around with the older kids, and we all saw him as our friend - which was odd since we didn't really get along with anyone but the kids from our year. Rarely did any juniors or sophomores comes to our parties, and never had a freshman. I pushed the cold bottle into his hands slickly, and grabbed another before anyone had noticed. He elbowed me as a thanks and waddled off. I cracked the cap off of the bud on a counter and began to walk around, coughing as I inhaled smoke that someone had blew into my face.

My lips were pryed from my beer when I tried to sip because my lips rose again. Across the room was a girl - but I'd never seen her before. She wasn't facing me, but just by looking from behind I could tell she was what I wanted. Hair was in a messy bun, sexy. She was curvy but didn't seem to be trying to show it off too drastically as her skirt wasn't tight while her crop top. Aaron didn't say the rooms upstairs were off limit tonight. I begin to pick up the pace, walking with a bit of a bounce that I did while I was excited. I smelt a strong breeze of coconut as I tried introduce myself, flashing a smile.

"Hey, I'm Quin-" I began but then I felt bile ride in my throat as she turned around. Her face was also draining colour as she saw me, her mouth open in terror.

"Quinton?" Tessa squeaked, stepping backward. I still hadn't regained my speech, to disgusted by the way I just thought of my little sister. My little sister. Why was she at a party. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Sh began to plead as I saw the cooler in her hand, half of it gone.

"You-" I begin, feeling my face grow hot but then a guy around my age steps between us, holding out his hands.

"What's going on?" He grunts firmly, green eyes cutting through me.

"Who the fuck are you?" I shout, eying him suspiciously. He was taller than me but lankier.

"That's my boyfriend." I hear Tessa murmur as I nudge him back. She was almost in tears when I saw her again. I grab her by the wrist sharply, pulling her out of the room but this boyfriend stops me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He steps up close to me again, but is then pulled away by Tessa, who shakes her head letting me tug her out of the house, tripping on her way out but I managed to catch her before she hit the ground. I don't let her settle just keep pulling her away.
"Quinton," She continues to plead even though I haven't even said much. My hair continued to bounce on my forehead as I walked from the house, searching for my car. I'd only had half of the last beer so I was driving home. I was so disappointed in her, and also angry.

"Get in the car." I mumbled, letting go of her wrist and pointing to Mom's old truck she gave me. I climb into the drivers seat, slamming the door behind me as she stumbled in, mascara running down her face as she silently cries. "How much did you drink?" I groan, shaking my head.

"Only one" She hold out her arms, meaning that the one she had half drank was the second she was working on. Obviously she wasn't used to drinking it as could tell she was drunk by her clumsy movements.

"You're going to be in shit." I mumble, turning the keys to my car.

There goes my night.