-We did have fun-

[Taissa's POV]

I stare down at the text from Devin.

Devin: had a great time tonight, hope we can hang out again sometime(;

Why the hell is he sending winky faces. I stare up at the ceiling of Vera's living room, thoughts of the new man and Evan rolling in my head. Finally I resist a deep urge and text Devin back.

Me: I don't think we should do it again.

My heart jumps as I wait for a text back. I can't be running around with this guy. I have a kid. So what?

Devin: oh :( I thought we had fun. Did your drunk man find out? You deserve better.

You deserve better. Do I? He deserves better,
The sentence makes me want to throw up because I know it's true.

Me: We did, we did have fun. Maybe next time we can less if the talking and more of the ass grabbing.

Oh my god what am I doing?! I hit myself in the head once, enough that my hand and head now hurt. Tears rose in her eyes as she read the next text.

Devin: So you do wanna do it again? (; come over to my place next time, then we can chat less and head to my king sized bed.

I throw my phone down, overwhelmed by why excitement ran thorough me as I read it. "Fuck my life" I scream but then stop abruptly, realizing I'm at Vera's and her family is trying to sleep. Of course that wakes up Vera and she trots down the stairs, house coat flowing behind her.

"Can you be a bit quieter, I under stand you're upset." Vera says as she sits next to me, wrapping an arm around me and pulling me close. I shudder and whimper a bit more before I recover and Vera insists on knowing what's going on. I show her the texts and her face lights up red. "What the hell are. You doing". She says softly, letting go of me.

"It's like I can't control myself." I say to her, furrowed brow. Guilt suffocated me but then waves of curiosity for this new man tried to knock the guilt away.

"Stop. You call Evan and see if he'll forgive you. If he won't, then you better have learned a frigging lesson." Vera said sternly but kissed the top of my head. She headed back to bed and I did what she said. I called Evan at 2:00am.

"Hello?" Evan raspy voice echoed through the speaker.

"Baby." I choked back a sob. "I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry"

"It's alright Tai. Just come home" He sounded like he was about to cry as well.

"I have to tell you something." I whisper, barely able to speak .

"Shoot." He says trying to lighten the mood but I don't reply for a moment. "Taissa?"

"Tonight I wasn't out for work. I was out with a guy, he said it was just as friends. But it didn't feel just as friends. and he grabbed my butt, but then I left. When I got home I flipped out when you grabbed my butt so I'm at Vera's." I cry into the phone, hoping he'll forgive me, praying he'll forgive me
-sorry it's short-