-Bang-

>this is gonna be freakin' crazy<

[Evans POV]

*2 days later*

The last days have been pretty good. I'm still pissed at Tai, but she's been giving me almost 24 hour attention, which I've enjoyed.

"There's daddy!" I hear and my head perks up. I feel my cheeks rise as I see Taissa, who was wearing a baggy hoodie and some skinny jeans, and Tessa walk into the room.

"My two favourite girls" I laugh as she sits down beside me. Tessa's big brown eyes stare up at me intently. Her little chubby cheeks get the best of me and I steal her off Taissa's lap and into my own. I place a quick kiss on the top of her head as I feel Taissa, leaning against my arm. "Isn't it past your bedtime?" I ask Tessa, and she furrows her little brow.

"Not tired" She grumbles, wrapping her little fingers around the hem of my shirt and tugging it, out of frustration.

"Quinton already put himself to bed!" I chuckle, hoisting her up.

"I'll do it Ev" She offers, gently taking Tessa from my arms.

"Night dada" Tessa whines, watching me from over Tai's shoulder.

"Night hun." I wave and sit back down on the couch, continuing to watch an old episode of 'Shameless'. Taissa comes downstairs, maybe 10 minutes later. She lays down beside me on the couch, resting her head on my chest. Her hands are quickly typing something in her phone. I sigh slowly, running a hand through her hair. "You haven't been talking to him recently have you?"

"No!" She says harshly, looking up at me . Her phone is shoved in my open hand, so I can check. I open up iMessages and see his name at the top but it's an unopened message. "He texts me like every two hours."
I open up there convorsation and read what he's been saying. She wasn't joking when she meant every two hours.

Devin: Taissa?

6:00 pm

Devin: Don't you fucking ignore me.

7:30 pm

Devin: Taissa?! Jesus Christ. If you don't reply I'll tell him.

8:45 pm

"He's fucking obsessed." I groan, handing her the phone back. That dude pisses me off. She nods, poking my stomach. Before I even know what I'm doing, I have her phone again and I'm texting back Devin.

Me: If you text me again, I'm calling the police.

"Evan!" Taissa grabs the phone from me, scowling. "That's just gonna make it worse!" I hear it buzz and I look down.

Devin: What the hell are you gonna say to them? I banged a dude and now he's gonna tattle on me. To late bitch.

"Good job" She says, her voice trembling. I grit my teeth at his reply, he's got fucking nerve. "And what's 'to late' supposed to mean?"

"No idea" I shrug, my eyes slowly guiding he selves back to the TV. "He's nuts" I mumble absentmindedly.

"Quinton seems distant lately Ev." Taissa whispers, a deep worry in her voice. I kiss her head, breathing in the fresh fruity smell of her shampoo.

"I'm sure he's fine babe" I sigh, letting my eyes fall, my hand still in her hair. Slowly I drift off to sleep.

**************

My eyes shoot open as I hear a high pitch scream. My head shakes back and forth, looking for the source but it stops now. I feel a wave of panic as I see Taissa wasn't where she was before. "Babe?" I jump right off the couch, running to the kitchen. No one is there. "Tai?" I yell now, not being able to find her scaring he shit out of me. I run around, now heading to the stair case but stopping as I see the front door is left open. My hand grabs hold of the door , holding it in place as I look out into the dark. My heart settles as I see Taissa but it's immediately beating heavily again as I see her trying to pull away from him. Devin.

My feet are picking up and pushing Taissa out of his way. The urge to protect her was fierce. My fist raises and comes down quickly against the young mans face.

"Evan!" I her yell as I bring down my hands twice more until Devin's nose is bloodied and he's lying on the ground.

"Stay the fuck away from her!" I spit in his face. His face balls up, looking disgusted. As I turn back around Taissa screams the loudest scream I've ever heard. There's a loud bang and I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder.

My body falls to the ground.