I Heard Something

[Evan's POV]

Taissa's fingers tighten around my arm, shaking me to wake up, and I groan as I roll around to face her. I could barely see her in the darkness of our room but she was sitting up staring at the door. "What are you doing?" I whisper, pushing the blankets off of myself, feeling the cold air rush at me as the warmth escaped.

"I heard something." She squeaks, hair draping around her head. I chuckle at her, pull her back down and kissing her forehead lightly.

"It's just Quinn." I send a hand through my hair to pull the mop from my face. Taissa wiggles from my grasp, still being serious.

"No, he's staying the night at the party." Her small arms push herself from the bed, getting up to turn on the light. My eyes sting when the dimness is interrupted. "Go look," She whines, hugging herself. "Please." I get up unquestioningly and waddle over toward her, wrapping my arms around her.

"Alright." I take a deep breath in, my chin on her head and the light scent of perfume lingering in my nose. I pull the door open, light from or bedroom streaming into the unlit hall. My hands trail along the wall until there's a turn for the steps. I glance behind me, nearly jumping as I notice Taissa was on my heels. My foot finds its place on the first steps and then they are able to fall into place on the one below untill I was at the bottom.

"Shut up." I hear someone whisper loudly from the entry which was down another hall. My throat tightens, unsure of who was there.

"Hello?" I call out, forgetting that Olivia was asleep, although she was a heavy sleeper. Taissa's fingers grab the back of my tank top as I step forward down the hall. No light was coming from the end but I could vaguely see two figures.

"Great." The voice groans, and I stop realizing that it was a familiar sound. My hand was still on the wall and I finally find the light switch. Quinton stood shaking his head slowly, the dark head of hair flopping with him. Next to him, stood Tessa, pale and open mouthed as we stared at her. Taissa's grasp let go long ago, and she stood speechless. Quinton grits his teeth, placing mud hands on Tessa's shoulders and pushing her ahead. "This is her mess." Then he calmly walks to the right into the living room. We thought Tessa had been home hours ago from the movies. Why was she with Quinton he was at a party-

"You went to the party?!" Taissa blurts, looking hurt and angry. I keep silent for now, watching as both of their faces changed to horror.

"Mom.." She whines, unable to explain.

"Who took you to a party? Quinn?" I ask, my face feeling hot. Her head shakes, eyes watering.

"It's her boyfriend. She left the house with him." Taissa pulls a hand through her hair before taking my hand and pulling me back towards the stairs.

"I'm sorry" I hear Tess say, but we were both to disappointed and tired to reply.

Tomorrow we would though and she was going to be in trouble.

>Pictures of kids in description shortly<