The Call

[Taissa's POV]

*1 week later*

I laid on my back in the bed, after putting Quinton back to sleep, staring up at the ceiling. He'd only been here a week and I was completely exhausted. I kicked off the blankets deciding it was to hot, then soon found out it was to cold with them off. I curled up next to Evan, my back to him, absorbing his body heat. I smile to myself as he rolls over, pressing his bare chest against my t-shirt, putting an arm over me and breathing against my neck. My eyes began to flutter as I started to loose consciousness but then a piercing cry from the baby monitor makes me jump.

Shit

I wake up to the sun shining into the dark bedroom, cold air nipping at my skin making me shiver. I roll over to hug Evan but the bed is empty. The clock read 8:00 am, I had slept in for the first time in forever. I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, feeling energetic. Evan sat on the couch, Quinton in his lap sucking on a bottle.

"Hey babe" He says as I sit down beside him. He leans over and plants a kiss on my lips, making me smile.

"When'd you get up?" I ask as he hands Quinton to me.

"5:45" He groans, straightening out his blue button down shirt.

"You could have woken me up!" I laugh, bouncing Quinton on my knee.

"I know I know, you just looked so happy sleepin, so I let you be." He puts his arm around me.

"Awh" I say, nuzzling my head in his shoulder. "I gotta get ready Vera's coming in an hour." Vera, my older sister, hadn't been able to come see Quinton yet since she was filming something. Evan takes Quinton and tells me to go, so I rush upstairs and took a quick shower and changed into a pair of jeans and red and white striped tshirt. I occupied Quinton until there was a knock at the door. Evan quickly jumped up and grabbed it.

"Hi, guys" I hear Vera's friendly voice as the door opens.

"Come in come in" Evan says as I get to my feet. Vera comes in, all smiles, as hugs me tightly.

"How are you doing Tai?" She says kissing my head.

"I'm doing alright, busy and tired." I say as Quinton shrieks. Vera pulls away and quickly scoops him up cooing to him.

"He's beautiful" She says, holding him close to her body. The rest of the time she was there we talked about the birth, the first few days, excetera. Evan meanwhile went out for a drink with his buddies. Vera left around 5, then I fed Quinton and made myself a quick supper, steamed veggies. Evan still hadn't returned by 7 so I called him,

Ring,

Ring,

Ring,

Voicemail.

That's strange. Evan almost always picked up his phone, especially since of the baby. I decided to wait a few more hours, watching 'Game of Thrones', untill a big clap of thunder shuddered the house, making Quinton start to cry. It was nine o'clock now and I tried Evan for the second time.

Ring,

Ring,

Ring,

Voicemail.

Hmf. I calmed Quinton down and watched more tv, anxiety sitting in my pits of the stomach, but slowly I drifted to sleep.

Ring,

Ring,

Ring.

I rubbed my eyes, groaning as I sat up. What was that ringing? I shook my head, ridding of the grogginess and looked around.

Ring,

Ring,

Ring.

I reached back and pulled out my phone that's if completely forgotten about. An unknown number vibrated a bother time, so I slide my finger across the screen, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?"