Spencer

[Taissa's POV]

I hum, glancing at the set table. Everything was set for when Tessa brings her boyfriend over. A heavy scent of stir fry was sticking in the air and smelt delicious.

"Can we eat now?" Olivia groans, shuffling into the kitchen.

"Soon," I smile, ruffling a hand through her golden hair. She still hadn't grown very much and barely was 4 feet.I'm not short and Evan isn't either. She plops herself down in a chair staring at her empty plate. Quinton enters shortly after; now he was taller than me. "Hey bud."

"Need any help?" He asks, sitting beside Olivia. I shake my head, everything was already done. By the time Tessa rushed into the room with an embarrassed look on her face, everyone was starving. I couldn't help but smile as Spencer came in. Evan was examining him too. Dark brown hair, piercing green eyes, lanky and really tall. Taller than Quinton. I couldn't tell how old he was but he was definitely older than Tessa. my stomach felt queasy at the thought. But he wasn't hard on the eyes.

"So um," Tessa says, her cheeks red. "This is Spencer." He waves awkwardly. "Spencer, this is Olivia, Mom, Dad and Quinton."

"Thank you for having me." His voice was raspy and quiet. His hair was comb neatly and spiked in the front.

"It's no problem" Evan says, pushing a smile onto his face. "Grab a seat" I had everything already dished out.

"So this the mysterious boyfriend. He even has a name!" Quinton laughs hysterically, only receiving disapproving looks. Olivia was

"So what do your parents do?" I ask after swallowing a mouthful of food.

He purses his lips quickly. "Uh, well my father works at a tire company but he used to be a bar tender. I don't really know if I have a mother." He drops his voice, coughing nervously.

"Everyone has a mom." Olivia buts in, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Olive." Evan says calming so she doesn't continue the conversation since he didn't seem comfortable with it. "I'd like to know how you two met?" He points at Spencer and Tessa. They exchange a glance before Tessa speaks up.

"School." She mumbles continuing to look embarrassed. That was obviously a lie.

"This is delicious Mrs. Peters." He chirps, continuing to eat. I smile, the kid was charming.

"There's more if you want seconds!" I say, glancing at Evan who seemed pleased aswell.

Other than the age difference and the little lie he was a nice kid.