It's Not Your Fault

[Taissa's POV]

I couldn't look at Evan, my cheeks grew red every time as I thought of the night before. Quinton went to far and I didn't stop him, being in the heat of the moment. But then Evan came downstairs and saw; man, he flipped out. So I slept on the couch, knowing it was my fault. Plus, Tessa may be pregnant according to the pregnancy test. Ours lives were going just great.

I woke up early that morning, still in my clothes from the day before, and left to go out. I didn't want to be there when Olivia woke up, she would get paranoid. So I went to the store, bought chocolate milk and when I came back nearly everyone was up. I held my breath but made my way into the kitchen, tossing the bag on the counter and placing the milk in the fridge. Evan was in the living room, watching cartoons with Olive, but Tessa was down sitting on a stool next to the counter. My eyes widened as I saw her, small waves in her hair, and the swelling in her face from crying had subsided. It was a relief to see her finally come down out of her room. "Hey Tess," I smiled, leaning my head on my hands as I bent onto the counter.

She mumbled back what may have been a hi, but I couldn't really it out since her face pointed downward into the bowl of cereal she was eating. I purse my lips and open my mouth to say something but she starts to talk. "Why did you tell him?"

"Who?" I ask, dropping my voice to a whisper, her face growing pale. "I didn't tell anybody."

"You told dad," She growled, on the verge of tears but to angry to let herself go. "I can tell, he won't look at me." I stand up straight, rubbing my forehead. When I don't reply she pushes the bowl away from herself and then get's up to storm away. I rush after her to apologize, walking past the living room but having to stop.

"Taissa," I hear Evan say, looking back at his placid face. He didn't like being angry, so he'd try and hide it. I could feel my cheeks getting hot when he got up and took my arm, firmly but gently, pulling me upstairs and inside our bedroom. "We need to talk." I sit on the edge of our bed, hands fiddling nervously in my lap. He kept on his feet as he spoke. "What was that last night? Is that normal for you two?"

"No!" I shout, anger boiling up in me so suddenly. My hand reaches up and pushes hair from my face. "Why do you keep assuming the worst?"

"Does Quinton say anything out of the ordinary to you?" He ignores me, sweat growing behind his curls on his forehead.

"Sometimes, but I can deal with it myself Evan-"

"Obviously you can't. He's your son. If you-" I push myself up, trying to rush out but a hand wrapped itself around my wrist tightly. I wince and instantly Evan drops his act, softening up, guilt glazing over his eyes. "I just don't want this being some out of hand thing. I understand why the kid couldn't help himself from looking at you though. I mean.." He trails off, a smirk on his lips, trying to compensate for being so strict. I suddenly find myself wrapping my arms around his broad body and kissing him.

"Makeup sex?" I smile, in between a kiss. He breaks away for a second to speak.

"Everyone's home." Evan whispers, but pulls me onto our bed while taking his shirt off.

"When aren't they home?" I laugh, my fingers laying in his soft curls. Evan nods, then he links his hands under my tshirt, taking it off and pushing me on my back. His lips start at my neck and then trail down my body, planting small kisses as he goes. He stops at my hips, lingering there until I squirm, urging him on. He find the zipper to my jeans and undoes it quickly, beginning to pull them off right before the door is swung open.

"Tessa just left.." Olivia whines, sounding worried. Her little eyes begin to open wide, questioning what was happening. Heat rushed to my face as I reached down to pull my jeans back up. Evan was already up, a frustrated look on his face. Olivia was 10, but since she was so small and cute I had to just assume that she had no idea what was going on; I really didn't want to have the talk with her yet. He grabs a blanket that was folded at the bottom of the bed and tossed it at me. "Tessa is gone!" Olivia repeats realizing that no one was paying attention to her the first time.

"Shit," Evan says under his breath, pulling his shirt over his head and rushing out of the room, closing the door so I can put clothes on. Once I'm decent I run downstairs, hearing Evan half yelling as he asks Olivia where she went. He was panicking, the police still hadn't caught Devin so ultimately that was our first thought. "Didn't she tell you where she was going?!"

"No, she just told me she going." Olivia said, her voice quiet while she avoided his gaze.

"You didn't stop her?" Evan shook his head, fear cut into his pursed lips.

"I tried," Her chin started to tremble, but she crossed her arms trying to look tough. "She wouldn't let me, I tried and she just w.." Tears streaked her small face, and she instantly turned to me wrapping her arms around my stomach. I give Evan a look of disapproval, but he rushes away grabbing his coat and running out the door.

"Evan!" I call out, peeling Olivia off me momentarily. But he was in the car and gone driving to go try and see where Tessa went.

"I'm sorry mommy," A trembling voice said behind me, and I turn and pick up the small bundle of body she was, sighing.

"It's not your fault."