-Missed the Bus-

>guys I'm going to Florida on Friday so if I don't update very often that's why<

[Taissa's POV]

"Taissa?!" I hear Evan yell, from the living room as I stir a pot full of chicken noodle soup, smiling as the fresh smell wafts into my face.

"Ya?" I say, hearing him walking into the kitchen. I expect him to come up behind me and hug me, as he usually did but he didn't. I turn around, cockling my head slightly to the side as I see his eyebrows furrowed.

"Where's Quinton?" He says, running a hand through his hair.

"What do you mean?" I ask, turning down the burner.

"He never came home, the bus should have dropped him off by now." Evans eyes are wide, and mine open too as I hear what he says.

"Maybe the bus is late?" I suggest, biting at the skin on my cheeks absentmindedly. Evan pulls out his phone, calling who I assumed was the school.

"Hello?" He hums, beginning to pace. "My son never came home, he's in the second grade. Are any buses running late" I sigh, beginning to feel the panic as he hangs up shaking his head. "The buses are all done their routes"

"Ev, what do we do?" I tremble, turning off the stove. He keeps himself calm, letting out a deep breath. How didn't I notice he hadn't come home yet?

"I'll drive to the school and look around, maybe he missed the bus." He says, instantly turning to grab his stuff. Before he's out the door he gives me a reassuring look, trying to make me feel better. "He's probably sitting there right now wondering why we aren't there!" Then he's gone looking for Quinton. I collapse on the couch, the bit of stress making me feel weighed down.

"Fuck" I whisper, having a bad bad feeling about this.

***********

An hour later no Evan, but there's a call. My eyes read over the unknown number again. I press the answer and bring it up to my ear, a deep voice purring into the microphone. My heart stops because I knew it was him.

"He's behind the bar."

>this is really short sorry.<