Preemie

*8th month*

[Evan's POV]

I hold my breath as Taissa squeezes my hand another time, crying out loudly. The baby was coming, and my nerves are all over the place because it's early making it a preemie and what if it's not developed, or it takes longer to learn or- .

"Evan," Taissa whimpers breaking my train of thought. Sweat was lightly marked along her forehead. I wipe it away for her with the back of my hand.

"One more time," The doctor says intently from the other end of her. I was feeling to weak stomached to watch, I watched Quinton's and Tessa's births but this I wasn't up for it.

"What do you think?" I say soothingly, whilst Taissa breaths heavily. "A boy or a girl?" She looks at me, her eyes covered in a glossy seal.

"Girl." She mumbled while the doctor began to count, she looked frightened, but deep into her brown eyes I could see the little sparks of anticipation floating around.

"I'm taking my chances on a boy" I hum, crouching down as she screams out the last push. Cries begin to erupt and I smile, jumping up to see my new-

"It's a girl." The doctor says, handing the wet, red baby to the nurse. She then takes her over to the table to wipe her off. I lean over and kiss Taissa, who's crying gently but she's smiling.

"I wanna see her." Taissa says quietly, her voice worn from screaming. I nod and trail over to the table, eyeing my new baby. She was hairless, like Tessa had been. The nurse was fiddling around, holding a tube. She then stuck it into the babies mouth making me feel jumpy.

"There's a bit of moisture stuck in her throat and lungs. So she may have trouble breathing," She says, using the tube which looked like a turkey baster. A bit of fluid was then drawn from the tube,which sent her into a cry again. The nurse picks her up and sets her in my arms. She was a lot lighter than our other two kids had been. But she had the most beautiful coloured eyes. They were a shade of brown but as it got closer to the pupil it was blended with a light shade of blue. That must have been taken from the majority of Taissa's family, since there were a lot of blue eyes except for hers and a few siblings (But she had a lot of siblings.) Slowly, with my eyes glued to the small innocent child, I walk back to Taissa who greets her with open arms.

"Hi" She whispers, smiling brightly as she runs a hand over her head. Taissa's eyes look up at me, questioningly. "Whatta bout the name?"

"Olivia?" I ask, putting an arm around her after I slide onto the hospital bed.

"Olivia," She agree's, kissing my cheek.