Early Morning

[Evans POV]

I crawl out of bed at an ungodly hour, 7am. I wasn't used to getting out of bed until 9. The kids usually got themselves up, and out the door. I had to get up earlier when they were younger but now they could handle themselves. Taissa was sound asleep, partially sprawled out on my side of the bed as usual.

Quickly I throw on a pair of white shorts and a button up red t-shirt, looking casual. I was just going to have to put on a different outfit for the scenes I had to shoot. Before I leave the room, I lean over and kiss Taissa's forehead gently, not waking her up. In the hallway, it's quiet, Olivia's loud feet were already downstairs and I wasn't sure about the other two. I hurry down the stairs, smiling as I see Olivia at the table eating some cereal and drawing a picture. "Hey, daddy!" She ushers me over to look at the white construction paper.

"Good job, Olive." I muss up her curly hair, looking at the picture of a bunch of cats. I grab the cereal that she had left on the counter and milk from the fridge to pour myself some cereal.

"What are you doing up?" Quinton asks as he trots in, grey bookbag slugged over his shoulder.

"Work," I hum, taking my first bite of cereal. He was tired, probably from Tessa keeping him up till one. Where was Tessa? I shake my head, picking up my bowl and starting my way to her room. She wasn't missing school today after she skipped yesterday. I push her door open, clenching my teeth as I see her in bed. "Tessa, get up." I say firmly, but not harsh. "Tessa!"

"No." She mumbles, hugging a pillow tightly to her chest. Dark circles shadowed her swollen eyes and she looked pale. "I'm not going."

"Yes you are going, you didn't go yesterday." I furrow my eyebrows, cereal still in hand and growing soggier by the minute. She turns around so her back is to me. "Tessa, get out of your bed." I raise my voice, angrily.

"I can't go, I'm not going. Please dad!" She sits up, her eyes filling up with tears. My anger immediately shrinks as I see her getting so freaked out.

"Why can't you go?" I ask, my forehead creased with line of worry. Her eyes drop my gaze and she lays back down, clutching the pillow.

"I don't feel good." She lies obviously, looking ahead of her, half in a daze now. My head shakes slowly; if she didn't tell one of us soon I don't know what I was going to do. Could I call the police for the bruise on her wrist? Probably not. I leave the room, going backdown stairs, not really interested in my cereal anymore. Olivia hugs me goodbye before I get in the car for work.

Somebody had to know what happened to Tessa. It was just a matter of time before we found out.